Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuffy4000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Not Confident
    How can I overcome my deep fear of failure in everything in my life.For some reason everything I think about doing I immediately come up with fears and worries why it won't work.And this fear of failure has completely paralized me from diong anything even things I know how to do. I am just wasting away time is passing by and I don't know:mad: :ma what to do please somebody help me because I feel like I don't have anybody in my personal life to talk to.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
    You need to think about things and picture them done and how it will feel like a good accomplishment. Set goals and be realistic. Realize you can not get anywhere if you procrastinate and make excuses.

André Maurois:
    If you create an act, you create a habit. If you create a habit, you create character. If you create a character, you create a destiny.

Lanes Company:
    If you don't make things happen, things will happen to you.

David Feherty:
    It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve succes

Anonymous:
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Francis Bacon:
    A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.

Ronald. E. Osborn:
    Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
    mincedorange Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Typically,we are on the same boat. I am not good in dealing with challenges in my life, fearful of changes and making decisions, thinking ahead that the worst may happen when I'm in front of a crowd. I am pretty much the worst critic of myself. So if you feel like you're the only one having fears and worries concerning confidence and stuff.. think again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 05:55 AM
    I did not know your age, but often we get help in life by giving help.
    Spend some time doing work at a local mission ( you can be a atheist and still help feed the hungry at a mission) , go to a senior living facility and read or just visit with some of the people there. Get invovled in life and in helping others you often find the things missing in your own life.

We all fail, I am not sure how many times President Lincoln failed, his law practice, several business, he was to many in the worlds eyes a complete failure, but he went on to become one of the US greatest Presidents and one of the worlds greatest leaders.

I understand in working on the telephone Bell failed and failed and failed.

There is no shame in failure, we all do from time to time, the shame is in giving up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to feel confident on stage ? [ 36 Answers ]

How to feel confident on stage while any kind of performance ?

How can I be more confident around guys? [ 8 Answers ]

Being around guys always scares me to death, and I don't know why. Whenever one of them comes up to talk to me, I don't know what to say, so I end up saying something stupid or even mean. How can I be more comfortable around guys?

How can I be confident around BOYS ? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: All my life I have been shy. I've never been able to look at boys in the face. Every time I think I get up enough nerve then I chicken out. I don't want to be like this anymore. And I know only I can fix it but I really need some advice. I'm so confused on how to be confident. Sometimes...

View more questions Search