Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sholay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Internal theft under $5000
    Hi, I used to work at the bay, and my buddy came in and he grabbed a bunch of stuff, and paid for some and I threw the rest in the bag. LP cought us on camera, and we were charged with theft under 5000. We're both really scared and are wondering what punishment we are looking at. We tried to get a lawyer but last minute he backed out. I am in university, and this is my first offence. We are both 20 years old. I have heard that I am in more trouble than him, and I just want to know what we are looking at. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or answers that could help us out. I have already got a new job in case there is a fine. Everything we took they said added up to $700 dollars
    StupidMistake Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Hey, I'm in the Same position as you...

Can anyone help us out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Well several things, first there will be a lot of Civil issues, you will have to pay them back the 700 dollars, and then a large civil penalty

Then you will most likely have a large criminal fine and be placed on probation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000, internal, first time [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am an idiot, I'm 23 years old, I hail from BC Canada. I've had a clean record, until now, and I can't sleep. This issue is keeping me up at night, and I need help to reassure myself. Here it goes: I used to work at a big grocery store, and I was the person who would issue...

Under $5000 internal theft [ 5 Answers ]

Hi this is my story please help I work at the bay in edmonton And I was caught yesterday with 2 shirts a pair of shoes and some cosmetics in my bag I put my bag in the stock room and when I went back it wasn't there The loss prevention team called me and told me they found it and made me open...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Internal Theft Under $5000 [ 15 Answers ]

All right, as much as it's shameful I do need to know what I might be facing. I worked at 'The Bay' in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Some stupid stuff happened and I ended taking about $450 over the span of two weeks. I did this by using the receipt copies to do refunds for the cash, that way the...

View more questions Search