Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollowcd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Hoping for some head help.
    I am a 24 year old male, 6'2, 200 pounds. I am in good physical condition, and enjoy sports and physical activities. About a year ago, I started to have so problems with my head. I have a common feeling of lightheadedness, that will come and go in no particular routine. I went to the doctor about a year ago, and like it always is, my blood pressure was high at the doctors office. The doctor was primarily concerned about this which I had to watch, and he also gave me an antibiotic perscription in case I had a upper sinus infection. To be safe, I was also given a blood test, and the results where great, everything was normal. Since then, the symptoms where gone for a month or so, and now they are back. To make sure about the blood pressure, I bought a electronic monitor and have checked my bp hundreds of times. During normal activity,i.e. walking, my blood pressure runs around 130-140 mark. If I sit at rest on the couch for 10 minutes, I can get my BP down to around the 120/70 mark. I feel that this isn't my problem but I am also here to ask. The second piece of information came from my eye doctor. I explained to him my symptoms and he said that it sounded like allergies. I have contacts, and he said that he could see allergies in my eyes that where worse than most 24 year olds he had seen. When these symptoms returned about a week ago, I started to take Claritin-D to see if it would help. I have taken one each day until now and it still hasn't helped. Sometimes I feel great, and sometimes I feel lightheaded and tired. Often I take a nap and it helps, but I will eventually experience it again. I often wonder if me thinking about it makes it worse than it really is, for example I know that BP can go up if you are nervous. If anyone has any ideas that can help me, I am just looking for some help on whether to diagnose if it could be allergies or not. I highly appreciate the help. Thank you,
    Hollow
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 13, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Did your doctor test you sugar level or test you for hypoglycemia?
    hollowcd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 12:10 PM
    No but I have never had problems/symptoms with sugar or caffeine intake.
    vyki Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Feb 13, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Could it possible be an anxiety problem?
    I have panic disorder (yay) and my attacks range from lightheadedness and feeling weak to feeling like I'm actually falling out of my body...
    When I first went to the doctor the first time I was given antibiotics for a sinus infection and then it was suggested I could have hay-fever... When anti-allegy tablets didn't work I went to another doctor who explained I was feeling dizzy and lightheaded bcos my heart was beating to fast bcos I was anxious...

Anyway try these links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attack

Online anxiety test:

http://www.depressioncenter.net/wb-dat/

Post back what you think...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Very Vague Description of scene in movie.. hoping to find title [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone name the movie this scene may have come from?. Two cops walk into an old house. A record player is playing, antiques decorate the front room. The cops are overwhelmed with pungent odor exuding from dining room... Upon entering they discover a family (older people) of rotted corpses ,...

I'm new... Hoping for some advice [ 24 Answers ]

Well, I've been dating a man for a little over 3 months... and I know that is not a long time, but here is my story... We really liked each other in the beginning... and I still really like him. He seems to have some issues from the past that were effecting our realtionship(that is my version...

Hoping results are false negatives [ 5 Answers ]

Hello-I wnted to see if others have shared in my frustrations and have any advice. I had my last af the 26th of sept. I am always irregular so this came as no surprise except now I am hoping I am pregnant. I have been experiencing these symptoms: extreme mood swings, very tired at night, sore...

Hoping to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying for our third child. Possibility of twins on his side. It has only been 1 week since we had unprotected sex. Is it possible to feel the effects of the beginning of pregnancy this early? I cannot use a pregnancy test for a couple of weeks can I? Would a blood test be...

View more questions Search