Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamiecygan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Check Engine Light 91 Taurus
    My check engine light pops on after car runs for about 10-15 minutes. Just replaced power steering hoses, which I removed the air filter assy. Checked connectors and wiring, everything seems tight. My concern is an electrical plug on the old P/S hose I removed. The new hose does not have this, I just disconnected. Not satisfied that I had to do this, but I went to 2 auto parts stores, and looked at 4 cars at the junk yard, and this socket was not on any of them. Does anyone know what this is for and why it wasn't on the new hose? Also, any ideas why the check engine light would come on?I disconnected battery and it still comes on. No problems before the P/S hose replacement.
    papa263 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Hi the plug on the hose is for a power steering pressure sensor. What you might have is a later model hose for a 92 ask the parts store if the hose is different in that year. The light will keep coming on until you get the right hose. Also if you explain to the parts store that the switch is on the pipe part of the hose he may be able to look it up that way. Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91' Ford Taurus check engine light [ 35 Answers ]

Last aug. had the distributor module fixed due to car stalling & then not starting. Upon picking-up my car the mechanic informed me that now the check engine light would always be on and at that time also asked if there was anything wrong w/the pollution control equipment and he said no there...

94 civic check engine light code #1 [ 2 Answers ]

I just put a new engine in my civic(I called honda to make sure it was the right one) and the check engine light is coming on with a code #1 which is oxygen sensor problem so I replaced it but it is still on and when the car idols it goes high to low rpms.

89 honda accord check engine light [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 89 Honda Accord LXI, check engine light is on, idles rough, then after shut off it won't re start for about 15min, and I smell a really strong gas smell, it turns over but won't start Thanks for any help

99 taurus service engine soon light [ 3 Answers ]

The service engine soon lis on and the wires/plugs have been replaced twice within the past 8 months because that was the diagnosis. The light is still on and I had them test it today/they say it is the 4th plug again. It can't be not already. Then he said it might be the ignition coil. What do...

View more questions Search