Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jencr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Bleeding after an extraction
    Gum bleeding really bad after extraction, gauze not working... is there anything I can try myself to get it to stop.. its pretty sore as well.. well let me know!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 11:26 AM
    Hi,
    Putting some plain baking soda on it might help it to coagulate, and stop bleeding.
    If that doesn't work, I would go back to the dentist; it might need a couple of stitches.
    Best of luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2006, 07:26 PM
    Well I hope you got it fixed. I was going to mention trying ice for the pain, or some oral gel.

Hopefully doctor gave you some pain pills. I had three pulled last Wed, but I stop bleeding within 20 minutes real easy.

But while it hurts, puttng pressure on it helps stop bleeding.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jencr
    gum bleeding really bad after extraction, gauze not working...is there anything i can try myself to get it to stop..its pretty sore as well..well let me know!
    Immediately tell your dentist. You might be developing dry socket. This happens when bleeding doesn't stop when it should and no protective scab forms as a consequence.
    If you look at the socket and see white, that's your jaw bone. Happened to me. Needs to be treated with special medication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding... [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, this may be a weird question, but I'm kind of worried. Since last night, when I poop, I bleed. I'm bleeding from my rectum, and today it was so bad that there were drops of blood in the toilet. I don't bleed during the day, it only bleeds when I poop. I thought it was my period at first, but...

Total tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 43. Yesterday she had all her teeth pulled and new ones Put in. She did OK until late last night, when she began throwing up. She Told me the teeth had to go. Now she is waiting for the swellilng to go down So she can put them back in. Is this going to happen soon, as she has...

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search