Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmiller0384 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 10:24 AM
    I'm having modem problems
    My friend recently got a Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem and when he uses AOL it won't detect the modem he has service to AOL but the modem its self came out of his other computer a compaq with windows 98 on it and put it into the new computer with windows 2000 on it I tried to find and see if the drivers are installed I don't know if they are but I can't find a driver for this modem on the internet (I do have internet access but not on his computer) I just need to find the driver if you find a driver please reply with a link
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Hi,
    Here is a link, with a link for driverguide.com, for this driver for 98/98SE:

http://www.modem-drivers.com/drivers/4/4991.htm

Best of luck.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 13, 2006, 11:39 AM
    HERE are the drivers you need for Win2000 as you asked for ;)
    cmiller0384 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 01:38 AM
    It let me download it and extract the files but there's no way to let me install the driver all there is is a bunch of notepad files
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Feb 14, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Right click "my Computer" & select properties
    Click the "Hardware" tab
    Click the "Device Manager button"
    When in Device manager (new window)
    Right click modem device & select properties
    Click driver tab
    Click update driver

This will start a wizard that allows you to specify the location of your new driver files, in this wizard, browse for the folder where you downloaded the files and it should find an inf file. Click OK to continue installing the driver with the wizard.

Good luck!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks, CurlyBen. I missed the Win2000 part!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dail-up modem [ 5 Answers ]

The phone company told my friend his modem took out his phone line.I was not aware this could happen. If this could happen, how would the phone company know? Thanks in advance Fred:(

I need dsl modem help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm planning on getting a dsl modem connection for my room know how would this thing be set up in my room I already have a phone jack in my room which I don't use atm could I use this or would some guy come in amd make a new one

Modem Types [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone advise me on what I have to do if I currently have a broadband connection (all connected up and installed) in my home but my PC only seems to have a 56k modem installed. Ie: Is there still a way I can connect to the internet on my PC via my broadband cable? The connector on the...

Modem not dialing [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a Dlink modem of the following model: DATA/FAX/VOICE MODEM DFM-560E 56000bps Data/Fax/Voice FCC NO : H52PT-3020 Data : K56Flex/ITU-T V.90 & ITU-T V.34 MNP 4/5 & V.42/V.42 bis

View more questions Search