Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny29978
    I think I have to be honest if they interview me for the Government jobs. I have to let them know that I was involved in one shoplifting long time ago. and offcourse it will up to them, they will accept me or not. But I do believe that with my experiences , plus my desire to be a hard working employee, they will accept me as a good employee for them.

I hope you're right but it depends on the Government's standards (and background check) for the job you want, not on how hard working you are.
    sunny29978 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Will I be deport just because one shoplifting conviction?
    I am now a lawful resident in USA, for 7 years. But I did a very stupid thing by shoplifing 300$ from Macy's . By the end of this year, I will be eligible to take Citizen test, but I was granted 3 years probation. I am having a big fear now: Will they deport me just because one shoplifting conviction?
    Anyone outthere pleas help me
    Thanks
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 27, 2008, 12:49 AM
    I don't know. It seems if you were to be deported, it would already have been done. I can't say if the citizenship process includes a criminal history check.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny29978
    I am now a lawful resident in USA, for 7 years. But I did a very stupid thing by shoplifing 300$ from Macy's . By the end of this year, I will be eligible to take Citizen test, but I was granted 3 years probation. I am having a big fear now: Will they deport me just because one shoplifting conviction?
    anyone outthere pleas help me
    thanks

Here's my problem with this - you keep posting this same question, phrased in different ways, expressing different concerns - sometimes it's 2 months ago, sometimes it's 2 years ago.

At one point you were applying for jobs with the US Government - but you aren't a citizen - ?

This has been answered and answered and answered.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2008, 06:12 AM
    I've merged all your threads into this one. Please don't start a whole bunch of threads over the same issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US naturalized citizen to become French citizen? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I want to know what the process is like to become a French citizen for an American Naturalized Citizen (born in Armenia). My boyfriend is French, and we might get married but we might not. I want to know : 1)how I could be granted French Citizenship without marrying my boyfriend and...

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search