Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudderbox Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 10:30 PM
    I need to find my dream job!
    I am a freshman in high school and I am trying to start think of a job I want for the future. I know I have many more years but I don't want to go with the most appealing one at the beginning of college when I'm not even sure if it's what I want. I was thinking therapist but it sounds like it would get boring and some think it would get depressing. Actiong sounds fun but think of the chances that I would make it big. I also like stuff with movies and special effects and editing but that seems like it would get boring too after awhile. I think it would be really fun to go to old castles and study old some what creepy things and stuff like that. Haunted houses and as for aleins... It seems like you would have to be scientistish and I don't get the best grades at all. Any suggestions and info?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 10:33 PM
    JOb shadowing...

Talk to friends, find out what their parents do and get permission to go to work with them for a day. Learn different careers.

Does your school have a career day? Where kid's parents come to class and discuss their jobs? If not, suggest it to a teacher or counselor or principal.

And there is always the internet, research jobs that you think would be interesting.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Job shadowing is an excellent idea! Also, it looks like you have a broad range of interests. My question for you is, what would you like to happen to you in your life and in other's lives as a result of the job that you will eventually have? Please think about that some before answering. I have good reasons for asking that question...
    Vision Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 10:43 PM
    And a good question it is...

Apr 13, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Well, I would like to be finacially well off and have fun at my job, something to remember and not get bored of. But I doubt I would be able to job shadow a therapist or movie editer or anyone of that sort in this small town. The closest would a counciler.
    Vision Expert

Apr 14, 2008, 12:26 AM
    Well, what do you currently enjoy? What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?

Apr 14, 2008, 12:53 AM
    Nothing really besides for hangingout with friends and computer stuff.
    Vision Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Well, have you thought of anything that involves computers? Wed design? You could invent computer games. You could fix computers. You could build them. There is so much involving computers, that it's a very good industry to get into...
    alimehri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Comment on ChihuahuaMomma's post
    Hi I'm ali

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plot: Orphans find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of a 1980's movie that a group of orphaned kids find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand in it. Then, the briefcase goes missing after they report it to the police. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

A dream! [ 4 Answers ]

I had a dream last night about this guy I like in real life. In the dream I was at his house And I was at the table and he served me a piece of toast. In real life I had a misunderstanding with this guy. I was thinking about trying to work things out with him by trying to contact him...

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Why do we dream ? [ 8 Answers ]

Is there any meaning about the dreams we dream? Will the dreams become true in reality one day ? When we see and talk to somebody in dreams, will the person know that in reality? Thanks for your answers!

My Dream [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I had a dream that I bought a Toyota Camery. It was black and I came out the dealership and it was parked outside. I got in and adjusted the mirrors. Got out and kept saying "this purchase is dumb, this is stupid. I went from no car note and low insurance to a car note and higher...

View more questions Search