Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Invisible biting mite
    I know you have previous question but the answers are no good. We have had a problem now for about 3 years. You can feel them jump on you, they don't bite all the time but they do bite but don't leave a mark. They are in our mattress and our lounge all the soft furnishings and carpet. Also in our clothes. I have had the pest man out 5 times now and nothing is working. I have used home sprayes and even tried ant dust. We are no longer enjoying being at home. We are desperate for some suggestions. How can you treat something when you don't know what it is. I think the pest man is sick of me ringing. Every time he sprays they seem to go but are back in a couple of days like they get stunned but then come back. What are they and can I get them tested some how?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 08:04 PM
    IF you do not have children or pets you could try Sevin dust powder.
    It worked great for me. If you can't find an indoor powder I used the outdoor one and vacuumed the rug so there wasn't too much. Other brands or the spray doesn't work only the Sevin Dust powder.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 02:25 PM
    You have a bedbug infestation. Bedbugs are extremely hard to get rid of. There are some swell horror stories on line that I read about how a family went nuts trying to get rid of them. Did the professional treat for bedbugs? Also if you had traveled and spent the night or nights in a hotel you could have brought these little hitchhikers home with you in your luggage. The hotels in NYC were infested with bedbugs. They are teeny tiny bugs that like to feast off the dead skin that your body sheds when you are in bed - hence the name bedbugs. You have to coordinate your bug sprayer dude along with you washing every item of clothing you own in hot water all at once and vacuuming the rugs and furniture for the treatment to finally be successful. Just doing one thing and then not everything at once will keep them from leaving your home. Just one or two bedbugs left in your home will prove to be just another breeding ground opportunity for them to set up shop again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Invisible biting mite [ 15 Answers ]

Google brought me to this site because someone else had a similar question. Many years ago I picked up a coffee table from the trash of a dilapidated house. Not long after I felt "things" on my legs in my car. These spread indoors and were mostly active at night. Since then I have controlled...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

Combatting A Dust Mite Allergy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Ever since giving up smoking a year ago, my girlfriend's asthma has flarred up a bit. Normally she is fine but occasionally she will wake up several times in the night, coughing and weezing. She went for an allergy check and it turns out she is allergic to dust mites. Trouble is we...

View more questions Search