Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrainFlyCrazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 07:37 PM
    I have to ask, did the drain flies disappear forever? The same thing happened to us, but even though the sewer pipe was replaced about a month ago, we still see a few flies. It is driving me to DRINK! We spent so much time and money and they still seem to be hanging on. I wonder if they could be hiding behind some walls in the basement! UGH!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrainFlyCrazy View Post
    I have to ask, did the drain flies disappear forever? The same thing happened to us, but even though the sewer pipe was replaced about a month ago, we still see a few flies. It is driving me to DRINK! We spent so much time and money and they still seem to be hanging on. I wonder if they could be hiding behind some walls in the basement! UGH!
    Drain flies just don't disappear. Locating and sealing off the source is just the beginning. This is from a earlier post.
    Didn't you realize that when you had all those drain flues winging around your house that you've left all the drains in your house open for the flies to get into and lay eggs. Like you I located the source of the infestation, however, In order to prevent them from finding new breading grounds I had to close off,(seal) tall the drains in the house until I had to drain something. Then I sealed them up again. Then I went after them one at a time . I put up fly strips over the kitchen sink and any place I could se the little critters flying around. It took a month but now I'm clear. The very first thing you must do is find the source, in your case I'd start with the drains, Good luck. Tom
    jenny b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 07:38 AM
    We have a lot of them in are house can u get sick off them or catch anythink
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 4, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Hi Jenny,
    Since Sewer flies come from a septic area that can't be good. What I can tell you is that my house has been infested twice with no health issues easier myself or my wife. If you Google your question you may get more information. Good luck, Tom
    jaredfigueroa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2015, 07:56 AM
    I have large numbers of flies at home and I needed to use something else to totally get rid of them and I have tried few home remedies and it doesnt seem to help that much so I also used this The World's Most Effective Fly Trap - Fly Traps - Fly Catchers - Fly Killer - FliTrap to help me get rid of flies totally! works great for me. I hope this will help you as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have different times of the year that I have drain flies in my house and I would love to know 1. How Do I keep from getting them? 2. How do I get rid of them, if I get them? This drives me CRAZY and I don't know what to do. Please help me

Drain Flies [ 1 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Our sump pump is in the basement next to our washer. It smelled pretty bad, and this is where we are noticing the...

Drain flies [ 4 Answers ]

I am having the drain fly problem in my house in New Jersey. The local pest company professionals identified these as drain flies. The house is 25 yrs old and on a slab. It is a ranch style with no basement. I have two bathrooms one with a shower and a tub. It has been 2 years since I bought...

Sewer flies [ 6 Answers ]

I am having the sewer/drain fly problem in my house. The house is a ranch on a slab. I have two bathrooms, one with a shower and the other a tub. I had a local plumbing company come in to check this. They found a open drain in the shower and fixed it. (The shower drain pipe was simply...

Sewer smell and flies [ 4 Answers ]

We had a huge backup from our basement drain about a year ago (little children and too much paper in the toilet caused it I think). We cleaned up the concrete floor with cleaner and then with bleach and took out the carpet that got wet. All was fine for a while, then the smell started. We get a...

View more questions Search