Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennyboo122292 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Well everyone just wants to be loved, so when someone treats you well, you start to like it and gain feelings for them.

I'm in love with a guy that my parents don't like and are trying to make sure we have no contact, but really he is a good guy..
    Andreas_111 Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Apr 19, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Tnks for your opinions. They have been very helpful. I wish love wasn't so blind! The think I wonder is: What does it take to love someone? I mean does staying with her a large time make you love her? I know you must like the others character, care a lot and also have a sexual attraction, but what else? I have some idea on this but I want to hear what others have to say too.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 11:06 AM
    If you have all those things that attract you to a person, you spend enough time with them you can love them. If you are attracted to a person and their qualities romantically, real and lasting love can grow. But by the same token, you can love a person and not love them romantically.
    Oftentimes, people are looking for the "bang" to happen to let them know they are in love, when they could already be in love. It's like not being able to see the forest for the trees.
    Love is complicated, but I don't think it's blind. Love does not blind you to faults, love lets you see them and choose to love the person in spite of them. You are blinded because you choose not to see them.
    JMHO
    dazedconfused4 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_111
    Hi, I have a small question. Why do we always fall in love with the wrong person? And by doing that end up being hurt all the time but have a great difficulty to let go!
    Thanks for your time.
    I wish I had the answer to that. Love hurts.. this is a lot easier said than done. However, remember that you can't be happy in a relationship or truly find love without loving yourself first. I struggle with it everyday. You deserve all that life has planned for you. Don't settle for someone who does need you, respect you, or cherish you. I try to tell myself that everyday. But its hard. I fell in love with someone I know was mentally incapable of having a lasting relationship because of the way he lives his life, but I couldn't leave him until I wasn't given a choice because I cared about him too much and worried about him too much to not be with him. Hang in there things will get better!!
    Talia Shire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Comment on Homegirl 50's post
    True...
    rolfen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_111 View Post
    Hi, I have a small question. Why do we always fall in love with the wrong person? And by doing that end up being hurt all the time but have a great difficulty to let go!
    Thanks for your time.
    If nobody fell in love with the wrong persons, then these poor souls would never have a chance to be loved...

Love is not selfish.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 06:40 AM

I don't think we fall in love with the wrong person, I feel as though we fall in love with the right person at that time and as time changes so does the person and feelings. Sometimes we change with them, sometimes we change against them. It all depends on which way your heart grows, if you like the person they are changing into, then you will most likely change with them. Sometimes we change against them and into something that their heart doesn't agree with and then the relationship has a decline and ultimately ends. For whatever reason this is, it leads us to the next loving heart that we will explore and share our life with.
    impossibleLover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Me too, I want to know just why when we feel that we loved someone more than ourselves he/she reject this love. What make me crazy he/she not concerned about anything you did. I loved a girl even more than anybody can imagine. I'm wondering why loved her for that much. She didn't care about me. She always try to make me angry by laughing with another guys. Sometimes I feel she concerns and sometimes I feel she didn't. I can't understand what she wants!! She knows I loved her. I don't what I want to say except life is hard even its harder if you stupid. And its cool to hate and fool to love hate everything is the best cure for your life even hate life itself it will be much better. Sorry guys I know most of you will think I'm a crazy man. Yes I'm she make me crazy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you fall OUT of love? [ 6 Answers ]

What can you do to fall OUT of love with someone? I am so in love with someone who just "doesn't want a serious relationship right now." he says he likes me and thinks we could be in a relationship in the future, but he and his ex girlfriend broke up about a month ago (she had been in Europe all...

Fall out of love? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I need advice! I feel like I've fallen out of love with my husband after 5 years of marriage. We have a 2-year-old son together. I don't feel attracted to him anymore... but I feel like I will disappoint soooooo many people, especially my husband if I tell him the extent to which I'm...

Will I fall in love with the right person ever? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up after 15 months. He had cheated on me for 5 months and I think he was seeing someone else who is now his girlfriend. Will I get him back? Will I ever fall in love with the right person?

How to fall in love again [ 1 Answers ]

How do you or any one for that matter get there man to fall in love with them all over again and to be able to tell if that person really loves them because that person does not show emotions well?

How do I fall in love again? [ 8 Answers ]

I was with a guy for almost two years and we were in love within two months. To me our relationship was great but he had a bunch of insicurities. As a result of this it causued us to have a hard horrible break up. He said and did things that I would have never thought he would have done to me. It...

View more questions Search