Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Why is some of our insurance regarded as an asset?
    :confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 03:09 PM
    It depends on what kind of insurance you have. Certain life insurance policies can be considered an asset if they have a cash value. Other life insurance policies such as term life would not be considered an asset as they have no cash value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepaid insurance an asset? [ 8 Answers ]

According the GAAP (the 3 asset criteria), how can I justify that Prepaid insurance is an asset? (i.e. I know that costs are known and that it will provide future benefit for the company, but is this future benefit measurable)?

Fixed asset or Intangible asset [ 4 Answers ]

Is the U.S. Treasury Note. A Fixed or Intangible Assets.

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

View more questions Search