Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usagolf01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Kenmore Gas Dryer
    When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like a car with a low batt.)
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Feb 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
    Most likely your dryer drum is stuck or the motor is bad. If the drum is stuck, you can usually find something lodged in either the front or read drum felt seals inside the drum. There were a limited number of units where the white front felt seal/drum bearing breaks and gets all folded up and the drum can't turn. You can sometimes find some excess folded up inside the drum (backside of the front panel) at about the 3 or 4:00 position. If you can't see anything in there, it's a 95% chance the motor is bad. Depending on the age, you might consider replacing the unit. Usually you can get a run-of-the-mill Whirlpool dryer for under 325.00.
    usagolf01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 06:13 PM
    I found the problem. A button must of gotten into the lent trap. When I took the cover off it fell out and now the dryer works.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Feb 15, 2006, 07:25 PM
    I'm glad you found it. Sometimes those little oddball happenings are hard to consider. Usually the blower area is fairly safe from these things, because the lint trap has a felt seal around the handle area to prevent stuff from falling in. If your felt seal has fallen out of the lint screen, you might consider buying a new one. Perhaps the button fell in when the filter was removed for cleaning. Lots of people keep things on top of their dryer. Maybe putting a small container to hold these small items until the owner is identified would prevent future occurrences. Again, congrats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer problems [ 5 Answers ]

Just recently our Kenmore elec. dryer started leaving stains on our clothing. The stains look like the little guy that lives in the dryer and steals socks takes a grease pencil and makes little marks that are from a half inch to 3 inches long. There is usually only one mark on each garment and...

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

View more questions Search