Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveofmusic1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Tongue ring
    ohkay; so I just got my tongue pierced yesterday and the barbell is huge! I can't eat much because the chewing is so painful. And the excessive salavia is disturbing. Any suggestions on what to do?
    ashleyl Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Apr 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
    It really helps if you gargle with warm water and sea salt. It will be painful and swollen for about a week. After that week you should be able to switch to a smaller ball and shorter base. They put the long one in initially to allow room for the tongue to swell. Just give it a little time and it will go back to normal.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 03:21 PM
    The barbell is huge for a reason hun -- it needs to be big to allow room for swelling. You need to leave that barbell in for 6 weeks.

As far as how much swelling there is, that is completely normal. Everyone that gets their tongue pierced has to go through that swelling. You can take Ibuprofen for pain and/or swelling. It definitely helps a lot. You can also suck on ice and popsicles (not ice cream!) and this will help with the swelling as well. As far as food, do not eat spicy foods, chocolate or dairy. These foods will cause a flare up. Try and stick to soft foods and soups for the first 3 days.

The swelling does not usually last any longer than a week, and for most people its actually gone in 3-4 days. Just bear with it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Ring 3 [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I got my Tongue PIERCED on 2-13-08 I want to KNOW when do u think I can CHANGE it... How HARD is it to CHANGE... Wht do I have to do / LOOK for when changing my Tongue Ring... Thanks,

Tongue Ring [ 6 Answers ]

I am 15 TURNING 16 in 20 some days... This is a B-Day gift from my Mom... I wanted it DONE... So, she let me go & get it... I got my tongue done on 2/13/08... YESTERDAY... It didn't REALLY hurt that BAD... BUT... I am SCARED of needles... So, I almost PASSED out... BUT... Anyway... It HURTs to...

Tongue Ring 2 [ 2 Answers ]

I want to KNOW what FOODs & DRINKS... I can HAVE... & NOT have... Like NAME them off... Don't just say well mushy foods... NAME off a lot of FOODS we CAN & CAN NOT have... I would LOVE the HELP... Me, Mom, & my Sister... We all got our tongue pierced on wedseday... We want to KNOW what we can...

Is it okay to change my tongue ring yet? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced exactly 2 weeks ago, and I was wondering if it was okay to change the barbell I got pierced with to a smaller one. And if that is okay, how should I change it?

Painful tongue ring [ 3 Answers ]

I got a tongue ring on 4/21 and they told me that pain will be most painful between 3 and 4 days. Ive had mine for 5 days already, and it is still painful. I feel like its pinching on something, and it hurst real bad. My tongue is still numb. Is this normal? Or should I take it out? Its like a...

View more questions Search