Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    10nsk51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 08:35 AM
    My gas water heater is leaking
    We came into the basement and there was lots of water on the ground it is leaking from the top and there is about 10 gallons of water on my basement floor??

- Tyler
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Apr 13, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Can you tell where on the top it is leaking from? Also try posting this in the plumbing section you might get more answers there.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    By leaking from the top do you mean that water is coming out of a pipe with a funny little lever on it or do you mean that it is coming out of the top of the through the metal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Leaking drain valve on water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a slow drip on the drain valve on my water heater. We've flushed the water heater about a month ago, but now we have a very slow drip from the drain valve. It's dripping at a rate of about 2 cups a week, no matter how tightly we turn the knob on the valve. Any ideas?

Leaking water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I have a constant leak from the pressure release valve on top of my water heater. How can I stop it?

Hot Water Heater Leaking [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water heater's pressure release valve is leaking. It basically just a small constant stream that leaks out usually AFTER a shower is taken. It doesn't stop for a while so the puddle can be pretty large. If my terminology is wrong I found a picture of a hot water heater:...

View more questions Search