Apr 13, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Venting of a toilet 3 inch horizontal drain line
    How far away from a vent can a toilet be installed 3 inch horizontal pipe

>Moved from Forum Help<
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Hey secure:

Sorry to tell you that it all depends on where you live. Code is state specific.

In Massachusetts, we follow the uniform plumbing code... says the vent needs to connect within 8 feet of the toilet elbow.

The other codes say between 6 to 10 feet... if I remember correctly.

Anyway, to get the answer to your question so you know it is correct for your state you need to call the local plumbing inspector (city/town hall) and ask him what proper distance requirement is.

Hope that helped. Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install 3 inch toilet drain in concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add a new toilet to the laundry room in our garage which is located on a concrete slab. The plumbing is already installed for a laundry sink and a washer. This will require adding a 3 inch pvc drain for a toilet that will have to be installed through the concrete slab which will be inches...

Leak in Toilet Drain Line [ 3 Answers ]

I need some advice on a leak I have from the upstairs toilet drain. I've cut holes in the drywall and it seems the leak is right at the connection point where the toilet pvc pipe meets the vertical drain. Any advice on a way to fix this myself? Is there any type of glue or fitting I could put...

Can a toilet and a floor drain share a drain line? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Right now we have a main 4" cast iron sewer pipe running under our basement floor. The very last fixture on the run is a toilet. Can I remove the toilet, replace the final 90 degree elbow with a tee and replace the toilet in the same place, then extend the line a couple feet further and...

Horizontal Wet Venting [ 5 Answers ]

I'm installing a master bathroom in a concrete slab. Unfortunately I've already poured the concrete. Along one wall from upstream to downstream I have a jetted tub, shower, and then the toilet. The sink is across from the shower. At the moment each fixture has its own vent. I'm trying to get...

View more questions Search