Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Allheart,
    To see what a chord he hit check this out:
    You're Darn Right I'm Bitter - Bitter Voters For Obama

Thanks NK. Incredible article. And as I suspected the words, to me, no longer seem as terrible, as perhaps the situtations that most Americans are in, as well as how we are viewed by most of the world.

When I initiate threads, such as these, it's because something is on my mind and I welcome everyone's input with an open mind.

To me, I do like the fact that he didn't completely back down from what he said, and stood by what he believed, have to admit that is a leader.

I did see more coverage on this from the Barack camp as well as Hillary speaking.

Perhaps Barack brought something to the surface that we are all so used to living with, dealing with, it became the norm, and for those of us not bitter, ( I still always have hope things will get better) fell into a place of acceptance. That's not good.

NK and all THANK YOU.

I will say that "cat fighting" between Hillary and Barack, did make me weaken on both canadates, because it get's so discouraging. I don't want to hear from each of them, why the other isn't good, I want to hear, and believe what each of them are going to do.

I think this little "shake-up" is brining out the really issues, that perhaps so needed to be surfaced.

Thank you everyone.

I did also see on CNN that McCain (who I don't think is McBush at all), may be having Colin Powel, as his running mate. I find that very exciting.

But after reading all your comments and watching this topic a little more closely, my interest has once again peeked for Barack.

I will also say, in the circles I travel, it is Barack who is, so far, everyone's pick.

Again, thank you everyone for your input.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Of course Hillary is going to blow any advantage she might have gotten from this by concocting another questionable memory .

“You know, my dad took me out behind the cottage that my grandfather built on a little lake called Lake Winola outside of Scranton and taught me how to shoot when I was a little girl,”

She could've used that shooting ability of hers to take on those Serbian snipers in Bosnia.

“You know, some people now continue to teach their children and their grandchildren. It's part of culture. It's part of a way of life. People enjoy hunting and shooting because it's an important part of who they are. Not because they are bitter.” ...
    "As I told you, my dad taught me how to shoot behind our cottage,” she said. “I have gone hunting. I am not a hunter. But I have gone hunting."

She could've said that gun ownership was important to the Founders ;not because of some bitterness over an economic downturn or because the government wasn't involved enough in their lives .The Founders thought gun ownership was important for self defense from among other things too much government intrusion.

But she will never say something like that because the truth is that her record on gun control is spotty at best .
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    But she will never say something like that because the truth is that her record on gun control is spotty at best .
    The US's record on gun control is spotty at best!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Apr 14, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    NK and all THANK YOU.

I will say that "cat fighting" between Hillary and Barack, did make me weaken on both canadates, because it get's so discouraging. I don't want to hear from each of them, why the other isn't good, I want to hear, and beleive what each of them are going to do.

Again, thank you everyone for your input.
    Just a note. Hillary started attacking Obama when she saw that debating didn't fair well for her. She's been throwing the kitchen sink at him ever since. If Obama manages the nomination I suspect McCain likewise will start soft campaigning, but then will go increasingly negative after being exposed in a few debates.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Well Ron Paul must still be in the running he has been advertising as Republican on the radio the past week soooooo..?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 09:18 PM
    People may vote for Ron Paul when they finally realize that the Federal Reserve really is crashing the economy on purpose. BTW, Ron Paul is a genuine Republican, unlike these elitist that are pretending to be.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 15, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Barack Obama on the Issues

Obama
    ---------
    Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007.

I agree with most of his common sense positions on guns, however, as well intentioned as he may be, how does banning legal gun ownership in DC, stop illegal gun use?

Again - he is schizophrenic on energy. You can sponsor all the renewable energy, less oil dependence, increase Café to 40 mpg all you want - but allow the country to use ITS own oil.[anwr, offshore use]Who is going to pay the price for Café increases - domestic auto manufacturers. Is there not enough market pressure to increase MPG without politicians telling us what to do? That is ELITIST.

Taxes - everything to increase taxes on income, on capital gains in death - he has been for.

He, and so is Hillary is a hard core liberal - which I am not.

McCain has my vote, by default.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Just addresssed Obama's 2nd Amendment position here

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...-205139-2.html
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    as well intentioned as he may be, how does banning legal gun ownership in DC, stop illegal gun use? He, and Hillary are hard core liberals - which i am not.
    Hello again, in:

How does banning crack cocaine stop its illegal use?? You don't seem to think THAT law is liberal... But, it is, and if you're for it, you are too.

excon

Apr 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Ex:

The right to bear arms is a second amendment right.

There is no amendment to make, use, distribute, sell crack cocaine.

Can crack cocaine have a useful purpose in home defense? In protection of self from harm? Quite the opposite.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Can crack cocaine have a useful purpose in home defense? in protection of self from harm? Quite the opposite.
    There can be quite a strong argument made that guns don't aid in self protection in the home but rather cause more deaths than lives saved, including self harm. To amny guns don't serve any useful purpose at all!

Apr 15, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Boyd said Assam's actions saved the lives of 50 to 100 people

Security Guard: 'God Guided Me And Protected Me' - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

If a gun serves no purpose for a particular individual, no one is forcing them to get one.

But # 1 - Second Amendment
    #2 - people do use them for hunting, target shooting, protection.

ABC News: Myths, Lies and Straight Talk

The Centers for Disease Control recently completed a review of studies of various types of gun control: background checks, waiting periods, bans on certain guns and ammunition. It could not document that these rules have reduced violent crime

Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner

The likelihood of death by pool (1 in 11,000) versus death by gun (1 in 1 million-plus) isn't even close:

How to Make Your Pool Safe for Kids

Drowning is the SECOND leading cause of accidental injury-related death among children ages 1 to 14 and LEADING cause of accidental injury-related death among children ages 1 to 4 according Safe Kids Worldwide.

Maybe we should ban pools instead?
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 08:55 PM
    No, not ban pools altogether. But yes, make it harder for kids to drown in them. Don't you do that? Like put fences around pools? Have life guards on duty at public pools? Teach kids about water safety? Don't you try and do something to prevent the problem rather than just continually let kids drown? I know we do down under here. We also banned guns after more than 30 people were shot dead many years ago now. Guess what, since then we haven't had another mass shooting. That argument is weak!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 03:32 AM
    McCain :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 03:34 AM
    Obama :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 03:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Obama :)
    Hey, you don't count! :p :p

I invite all Canadians to support Obama :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 04:30 AM
    We do. We're sick of seeing what's going on so close to home.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Apr 17, 2008, 05:10 AM
    For those of you talking about the Barack bitter comment...

If you aren't from rural Pennsylvania... which I am... then he wasn't referring to you.
    Obama comments divide Rust Belt voters in Pa., many say it was no big deal | The Express

The locals here... Bitter? Nah. Pissed. Probably. Clings to guns and religion? Nah.

It doesn't matter, I think Hilary has the state regardless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where would Hillary, McCain, and Obama appear on the chart? What about you? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you willing to take the test? If so, it's free: The Political Compass - Test

Should we get Barack another pillow? [ 38 Answers ]

Guess who made 26 trips between Damascus and Chicago from 2003 to 2006? The important question is, Why!! Never underestimate the Clinton War Machine. Hillary was right a few weeks ago: “Now, the fun part starts.” Barack Obama’s signature campaign line—”Yes, We Can!”—was delivered with a...

John McCain [ 28 Answers ]

6401 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

Is John McCain mentally stable enough to be President? [ 15 Answers ]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/03/AR2008020303242_pf.html

Hillary lacks what Bill and Barack have? [ 4 Answers ]

Bill and Barack walk into a room with confidence and sex appeal; Hillary walks into a room expecting everyone to kneel. Recent polling in Iowa and New Hampshire shows Hillary winning the female vote for ages 65 and older; Barack is winning the younger females. Hillary figured to win the female...

View more questions Search