Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PamRankinen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Write protection
    What does write protection mean on a cd-rw? I'm trying to burn and it says it is write-protected.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2006, 06:53 AM
    To me that would mean that you have already written to it. Try erasing the disk first then write to it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 07:30 AM
    Hi,
    Here is a link for some more information:
    http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/archive/...p/t-14512.html

If this is a brand new CD-RW, you might have to format it before you can use it.
    If it is one you have already copied something to, and if the CD-RW has been "closed", then you can't write to it anymore, and would have to use a new one.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2006, 07:38 AM
    You do NOT need to format a new CD-RW before using it. That is for the specific instance of packet-writing which is a feature very few use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write protection [ 4 Answers ]

OK hi.. umm my friend just gave me an mp3 player. It says it's a delstar d53128. Um I plugged it into my usb port on my laptop and try to put in music in it by just simply dragging in the music onto the removable disk file but it says it can't be copied that its write protected and I have to try...

Tax write off [ 1 Answers ]

I own a small company and I am wanting to purchase some holiday gifts for my employee's. I was wondering if I could write the gifts off on my taxes? Or would it just be considered a good will gesture. Also, are holiday parties a write off to my company? -gaike

Best protection for SPY? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I recently got a spy virus on our new computer. We were somehow able to "back-date" the computer, so it made it like it was when we first bought it, and now no more pop-up's... which is good. But sometimes we will try to go to a website and an error message will come up saying we...

Can only write to rewritablecd's [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having trouble burning music or vcd's using normal cd's. I have tried several different makes, Maxell TDK and Phillips, sometimes they work but not often (power calibration error). I have tried using Nero 6, easy cd writer and I have just found out that if I use rewriteable cd's then...

Write a script [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to write a script based on a book I have read. What are the steps I need to take?

View more questions Search