Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosmokramer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Troy-Bilt Riding Mower
    How do I route the drive belt for a Troy-Bilt riding mower? ModelD609G, 17.5 HP
    fixermom47 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Good morning, we just replaced the drive belt on out Troy-bilt pony mower. You have to remove the cover off the mower to get to the belts. The replacement belt we got from Lowe's had a diagram that showed how it goes on the pulleys. BE SURE TO REMOVE THE PULLEYS TO REPLACE THE BELT. My son replaced ours in about 15 minutes. Removing the pulleys was the key. He used a screw driver to put in the holes of the pulleys to keep them from continuous turning, loosened the nut on the pulley and they came right off. Then he slipped the new belt on, retighten the pulley and that was it. Depressing the clutch helps some when putting them on. GOOD LUCK
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fixermom47
    Good morning, we just replaced the drive belt on out Troy-bilt pony mower. You have to remove the cover off the mower to get to the belts. The replacement belt we got from Lowes had a diagram that showed how it goes on the pulleys. BE SURE TO REMOVE THE PULLEYS TO REPLACE THE BELT. My son replaced ours in about 15 minutes. Removing the pulleys was the key. He used a screw driver to put in the holes of the pulleys to keep them from continuous turning, loosened the nut on the pulley and they came right off. Then he slipped the new belt on, retighten the pulley and that was it. Depressing the clutch helps some when putting them on. GOOD LUCK
    That should do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-bilt riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a troy bilt riding mower and when I'm going along cutting grass the mower just stall out. When I try to start it, it turns over but won't start, when I turn the key again it just clicks, I turn the key again and again it just clicks, finally I turn the key again and it starts, runs for...

Troy Bilt Riding MOwer (Bronco) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower (42 inches deck) bought last year. I am looking to put a bagger with chute on it. Do you know if a Craftsman bagger ( 6 Bushel 2 - Bin Hard Bagger for 42" Deck ) will fit? I know all most of the available mowers in the market are built by MTD, do the...

Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Our mower won't start. It acts like the battery but it is good. If my husband turns the belt just a little then it will start otherwise it just clicks. Does anyone know what is wrong with it. We bought it used and the lady we bought it from said it was the battery low and it is only a year old.

Troy-bilt riding mower steering problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having problems with the steering on my troy bilt mower. It turns left OK but when you go to turn right it seems the steering gears are not connecting. I sent it in to change the d upper and lower drive belts and they also changed a couple of pulleys. When I got it back the steering seemed...

Troy-Bilt riding mower quits [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 troy-bilt mower quits running when I disengage the break and/or engage the mower. I've been told it was a safety switch. Any tips..

View more questions Search