Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Making The Transition
    So, I have been working out intensely since September and during the summer I want to trim the weight I've gained and have that ripped/chiseled effect. I lift heavy for my size (18 yrs old, 5'4, 120 lbs) and I was just making sure that when I start doing intense cardio that the muscle I've gained won't go away. I know a little will and that's inevitable, but I don't want it all to go away. The chiseled effect and the veins and abs come w/ conditioning. Since I have been on the current workout routine, I have gained muscle in arms and chest a lot. Am I suppose to still workout like normal, but with lower pound weights? How much do you decrease what you lift normally when you're trying to tone and shape? How long should this go on, if I am very consistent with it? And when do I go back to the heavy muscle building routine?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 07:43 AM
    I suggest you mix in cardio with lower weights/higher reps.

If you don't want to "lose" your normal heavy set, then about 2 times a week, lift your normal heavy set. This way, you're toning down while maintaining your size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a floor transition [ 5 Answers ]

I bought Carpet Trim which came with nails at Lowe's, I'm transitioning from tiles to carpet. According to instructions I'm supposed to use the included nails to fasten the trim to the concrete floor. All nails bend as I try to drive them into the concrerte. Any suggestions?

Transition between floors [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed engineered hardwood floors in my living room and hallway. I did not extend the wood into the closets, I just left the carpet inside those since the carpet will not be seen with the doors closed. What is the best way to hold the carpet down and cover the ends of the wood boards?

Transition out of nighttime crate [ 2 Answers ]

We would love to transition Duncan out of his nighttime crate and onto a dog bed. Around what age does that usually happen (he's 4 1/2 months). Any tips on the transition?

Transition of Custody / Collection of $ [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I recently married and moved his two children in with us. He is meeting with a lawyer on Monday to transfer custody to us. My husband and his ex have always had a good relationship... that is until yesterday. Yesterday we had our joint account and his accounts garnished/levied...

View more questions Search