Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gusclouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Engaging blade on Sears LT 3000
    My Sears Craftsman LT 3000 was being used for the first time this year (its second mowing season). The blade quit turning in the middle of me mowing my yard. I didn't hit anything or run over anything and the grass was not in a tall area. I have tried to engage it several times but it does not respond. The wire cable (it reminds me of the kind of cable in bicycle brakes) catches but nothing else happens. Is there a schematic online that would show if something became unhooked under the hood. Is there a fuse for this that would have blown? The mower turns off if I stand up while it is running so I know that part is still responding normally. The belts all seem to be fine. I only had it a couple of days last year when the mower deck fell off due to it not being completely put together at the factory so I'm wondering if something wasn't put together tight enough. Wondering if anyone else had a problem like this. I had to buy a front roller for it last year because it kept scalping my yard. This new experience isn't making me a fan of my LT 3000. Thanks for your help.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 08:41 PM
    LT 3000 probably won't cut it as the model number, but try www3.sears.com
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 10:22 PM
    It could be a relay gone bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears riding lawnmower blade scalps the ground at any setting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a relatively new Sears Craftsman riding lawnmower. I accidentally ran over a protruding rock last year and ever since then no matter what level I set the blade at, it scalps the ground down to the dirt! I hate to take the mower to a lawnmower repair shop because I know it won't be cheap....

Sears Mower won't start after oil change, blade sharpening & cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

I spent a lot of time sharpening my blade on a 6 month old Sears self-propelled, key start, Briggs & Stratton 6.75 mower (yes I removed it first). While I was doing that I figured I'd clean it up and do an oil change. I tipped it up vertical to get to the blade and clean the underside with my...

Sears Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Blade adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

My Sears Craftsman 42" cut riding lawnmower has 2 blade decks. With the height adjustment lever in the highest position (or in any position), the left blade/deck cuts lower than the right. How do I adjust the left blade deck/blade to a higher position?l

Problems with Blade Engaging via Power Take-Off Lever [ 11 Answers ]

Good morning, I've a used MTD 2000 lawn tractor that I purchased a couple of years ago. The fellow that I purchased it from had just hired someone to put new belts on it. The problem I'm having is that when I engage the Power Take-Off Lever, the blade do not engage instantly. It seems that it...

View more questions Search