Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Whirpool Gold with Senseon Dryer failing to heat
    This Whirlpool Gold Senseon Dryer was manufactured in 1998. Sometimes the heat fails to come on and the dryer continues to run without drying. I have check that the vent is clear, the lint screen is clear, the drum motor runs fine and the ventilation fan runs fine. I've opened up the unit to clear any obstructions in fan and found some long lost items.

The funny thing is when I turn off the breaker or unplugged the unit and then turn it back on, the heating function is restored. The dryer runs fine for a few weeks and then stops drying again.

GEX9868JQ0

Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive fix?

Thanks,
    Andy

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Gold Senseon Won't tumble or heat [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a whirlpool dryer used, it's a whirlpool gold senson model. The dryer powers up and the digital display shows time and such... the timer even counts down, but... I am not getting any heat and the drum won't tumble. I am new to electric dryers but am quite handy. If someone could please...

Whirlpool Gold Senseon dryer won't run. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Gold Senseon dryer Model: GEX9868JQ0 which just quit working. Until today never gave me any problems. When I select the cycle and press "Start" I hear the relay clicking, but won't start and the "Drying Status" red indicator light "Sensing" is flashing rapidly. I have tested the...

Whirlpool gold senseon dryer cuts off several times during drying [ 1 Answers ]

This dryer turns on, gets hot and cuts off by itself after several minutes or sometimes dries for longer or shorter times but needs to be turned on several times before the clothes finally get dry. Its not the lint filter. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks.

Whirlpool Gold Senseon Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

After aprox 5 minutes of operation, our dryer shuts off and displays an error code of "E1". You then have to reset and restart. The error code may or may not come back. It can take as long as 2 hrs to dry an average size load of laundry. L What is the fix for this annoying problem?

Whirpool Senseon Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have an electric Whirlpool Senseon dryer that's 6 years old. In the past 6 months the dryer has been taking much longer to dry. I have an appliance warranty through our local utility. I've made a call and they have dispatched one of their contract appliance repair contractors...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.