Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RF8472 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 12:16 AM
    How do I get started?
    I want to get a job as an exterminator or pest control in Pa. Does anyone know what I should do first? I don't have any experience. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2006, 05:07 AM
    Get out the phone book and the newspaper, make a list of every exterminiator firm in the area you are willing to dirve to.

Go to each office and put in an appliacation. Call or go back by and visit each place each week. Some firms will have higher turn over than others.
    They will require a good driving record, and no criminal record.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 13, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Go to the PA Dept of Agriculture. They can give you all the info you need. You will have to take tests to get certified in the applications you want to do. Then every year you'll need cont. education credits to keep your certs. The first test you'll take is the core exam. Get your core first then go look for a job w/ a pest control company. More than likely they'll pay for the additional exams you'll need. By the way all the exams are open book.
    As a home inspector in Pa I had to get my certs in core and category 12. (wood destroying pest control) Even though I didn't treat, still had to have the certifications.
    Any other questions let me know.
    RF8472 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 12:07 AM
    Thanks for the info. It's a big help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just started looking [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Guys, I am looking for a skin whitner, but some of the stories are scaring me, I am I guess milk chocolate, and would like to be between asian and hispanic. Any suggestions?

Well... I started my period. I think? [ 1 Answers ]

I started having a brown didcharge for a while now. Well... for about 13 days now. I don't think I actionaly came on my period just have been have some discharge. I usually stay on my period for about five days and its been thirteen. What could be wrong?

Getting my YZ250F started [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my 2002 YZ250F started and I think it is because it is flooded. I'm getting gas coming out of a tube connected to the carb and I have so much back pressure (I think) from the carb that gas is leaking out of the gas on/off lever. How do I clear out the carb so that it will start? Do I...

94 civic started now won't... [ 2 Answers ]

Here's a good one... I just replaced head gasket on a 94 civic.. completed job.. jumped in car started her up ran nice real quiet started up on second try.. with car running I got out to look at the engine... noticed oil leaking from under valve cover.. nice... turned off car noticed vavle cover...

View more questions Search