Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1303eli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 01:25 PM
    State tax efiling
    Do I have to fill out and send by mail any forms to the i.r.s. when I efile my state tax returns?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 01:29 PM
    If you e-file, you should not be required to send any forms in.

This may vary from state to state, but, I know that my state does not require anything to be mailed if you e-file.

You should check with the Department of Revenue for your own state.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1303eli
    do i have to fill out and send by mail any forms to the i.r.s. when i efile my state tax returns?
    State tax return is separate from your federal tax return. You must file both the returns.

If you e-filed your state tax return, you don't send paper return to the state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Part Year State Return and Unemployment Compensation from another state [ 1 Answers ]

I was living in Florida when I lost my job in June 2007 and started getting unemployment compensation from the State of Florida. I moved to Boston, MA in August 2007 and continued receiving the unemployment compensation from Florida. I got a new job in November 2007 in Boston, MA. So, my...

NO ITIN issued last year.Can I do efiling this year . [ 1 Answers ]

We (me-h4 and my husband-h1) had stayed here in US for three months (april-june 2006) and taxes last year (married filing jointly) with my ITIN application. As we were in INDIA while filing the returns,we gave INDIA address but I did not get the ITIN. But we got the refund amount credited into...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

View more questions Search