Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bassoon-o-rama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Craftsman lawn tractor-won't start
    Hello,

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor (model 917.271050), 15.5 HP engine. I am having problems getting it started. Here is what I have done so far:

--new battery and battery was checked to see if it had full charge

-- new ignition switch

-- new solenoid

-- all (most?) electrical contacts cleaned

-- 1 relay switch replaced

On the old solenoid, I tried jumping the 2 posts to get tractor started; it worked... haven't tried same thing on new solenoid.

Any suggestions on what I could try next? Thanks for your advice!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Check the fuse, check the ignition switch, do you have a clicking sound or anything else you would like to share with us? Are you getting fire? Try moving the gear selector, try moving the blade engagement switch or lever.
    bassoon-o-rama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.. will try moving blade engagement lever and shifter. No, I don't have any clicking sound when trying to start engine. I've replaced one 15-amp fuse in the electrical system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn tractor model 917270910 won't start [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Lawn tractor model number 917270910. It will not start. I tried a new battery even though the one on it checked out okay. It will not even turn over. I replaced the fuse but the original looked fine. What else should I do?

Craftsman lawn tractor B&S 18.5 hp crank no start [ 7 Answers ]

Getting mower ready for first time use this year. It will make a revolution when tried to start, but that's it. Normal maintenance was performed, changed oil, plug, air filter, charged battery. Tried jumping the rider with my truck, same result. Tried jumping the starter directly, same result....

Craftsman lawn tractor won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a LT 2000 lawn tractor,3 years old I cut it off and it won't do anything, no noise when ignition switch is turned on I have 12 volts to the solenoid, I replaced the solenoid, still does not do anything Please help

Craftsman lawn tractor 19.5 Briggs twin engine won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last time I used this mower was about 3 months ago, ran it out of gas and left It (covered). Tried to start it yesterday after putting in about 3 gallons of new gas And it will crank fine but not start.. I took off the air cleaner and trickled in a bit of gas And it started to run and...

View more questions Search