Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonballz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Mechanical engineering
    I would like to know that if I just complete my me and then apply for a job will I get any good ones?
    After an accomplishing a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering how do I priceed for a masters degree?
    How many years does it take to complete a masters degree?
    Can a mechanical engineer be hired for any kind of engineering such as automobile,aeronautics etc even if he has not specialized in the field after a bachelors degree?
    What are the good colleges for mechanical engineering in the state of Pennsylvania?
    Is the penn state college good for it?
    Is it possible to get a 100% scholarship for ME ? What are the requirements?
    Can you list some intuitions that give such scholarships?
    Thank you.
    kriswithmany Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
    I can't answer all of your questions, but I can say something about money for a masters. When working on a Masters or PhD, they usually call it a fellowship instead of a scholarship. Search for that.

Masters degrees can be with or without a thesis. How long it would take depends on whether you write a thesis.

As for ratings, look online or buy US new & world report's magazine with the ratings.

If looking for work - Have you taken your PE?
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 1, 2008, 07:44 PM
    At Texas A&M University, a masters in MEEN is about 1.5 years with thesis and 2 years without. Give or take.

An ME degree is very versatile and can be applied in any of the fields you asked about.

Best thing you can do to get you hired is be able to write well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

Mechanical engineering [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is possible to complete mechanical engineering as an undergraduate and then pursue aeronautical engineering as a masters degree? Does mechanical engineering have a better scope than aeronautical engineering in the future? What are the possible jobs that a mechanical...

Mechanical system [ 3 Answers ]

Every mechanichal system is characterised by a definite function depending on the coordinates of each point of the system, the first time derivative of these coordinates, and time. What is the proof of this statement? Why only the only first derivative is included not the higher derivatives?...

Mechanical Engineering [ 7 Answers ]

What are the duties of engineers in general in today's society?

View more questions Search