Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdobb79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Electric testers
    How to use electric tester in a fuse box
    Farmerjohn692000 Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

Apr 12, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Well this might not be the best answer but if you have a tester that lights up when electric goes through it I do believe you put the red probe in the center where the center of the fuse would touch and the black would go on to metal or anywhere you can get a ground and complete the circuit. I'm sure this is not the best answer that an electrician would give but I hope it helps
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Like above Test the screws with wires attached(one probe to the metal enclosure or green/bare connections)or Neutral. If you have no power, fuse is blown or center contact(with fuse removed)has no power from other connection or fuse. Be Careful, and just touch each wire connection and verify voltage on all.
    Be sure Tester is set for AC voltage and Higher than expected voltages(120 volts or more)
    If Measuring between both hots or 240 volts then set meter/tester higher than that.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdobb79
    how to use electric tester in a fuse box
    Questions like this, that are so unbelievably vague and general in nature, scare the hell out of me. Especially considering the situation, such as working in a LIVE electrical panel. :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Heat & astronomical electric bills [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a new home with a Goodman. We are receiving astronomical electric bills. Our previous home was all electric and we didn't have this problem. We called back the contractor and they didn't find anything wrong. I have since found that the thermostat was set to "Comfort" for the...

Electric Heat & astronomical electric bills [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a new home with a Goodman. We are receiving astronomical electric bills. Our previous home was all electric and we didn't have this problem. We called back the contractor and they didn't find anything wrong. I have since found that the thermostat was set to "Comfort" for the...

Cooling system pressure testers [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Mercury Mountaineer and I need to check the cooling system for a coolant leak. I need to pressurize the system in order to find the leak. I have an older model pressure tester but it does not fit on the radiator neck that uses the smaller cap. I have been looking around for a new...

Diamonds and testers [ 2 Answers ]

What other gems can test positive as a diamond with a diamond tester white topaz,white sapphire??

Receptacle testers [ 4 Answers ]

When using a standard receptacle tester on a GFI circuit, I get a Hot/Ground Reverse reading. When I test the same GFI circuit with a GFI Receptacle Tester, I get an Open Neutral reading. The problem was a loose neutral wire . Are these normal readings to expect from the two testers? ...

View more questions Search