Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatnus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2004, 08:59 AM
    How to hang a bedroom mirror
    I just moved and need someone to help hang a bedroom mirror.

Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Gatnus
    Rockaway, NJ
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2005, 12:52 PM
    If it is a wall-mount...
    Quote Originally Posted by gatnus
    I just moved and need someone to help hang a bedroom mirror.

Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Gatnus
    Rockaway, NJ
    ... and is heavy you might want some help to locate a stud in which to drive a screw or other mounting receptacle. If your wall is drywall (very likely), even the best hangers available will not ensure the gypsum will not break apart from a heavy point load. Don't let the advertising on the hanger wrapper mislead you... the weight they often refer to is when used to hang something like a ceiling fan which distributes the load over a much large area than when used in a vertical wall.
    theBigkill Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2005, 06:55 PM
    Depending on the weight of the mirror like flick said, you could try drywall anchors. The ones I'm talking about are at least 1/2" in diameter and look like a large screw, they have also have a threaded hole down the center to accept a small woodscrew after they are installed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

My cat is interacting with an antique mirror [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I acquired an antique vanity. My cat acts very strangely toward the mirror part of the vanity. He will sit on the vanity and stare into the mirror, several times a day, for long periods. Often he has the same look as he would if he was looking out a window and seeing a bird or...

Film on mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice on the best way to clean mirrors. W are non smokers, however,it seems if there is a film on my mirrors. Also, any ideas on the best way to clean windows. My windows are old and have to be removed from the outside

Man in the Mirror... what life is all about... [ 4 Answers ]

More on loving yourself first... this is step one and must be completed before you even consider a serious relationship... When you get all you want and you struggle for self, and the world makes you king for a day, then go to the mirror and look at yourself and see what that man has...

Drilling holes in mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've never drilled a mirror before and I need a little help, I'm mounting two wall sconces over a bathroom vanity and need two small mounting screw holes and a small hole to accommodate the wiring for each sconce. A 4' by 5' mirror is on the wall it sits in a bottom channel and is held in...

View more questions Search