Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2008, 12:30 AM
    7 weeks pregnant bleeding
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I had to have an ultrasound the other day because I broke out bleeding with no pain except like a stool pain and they said I was miscarring so when I went up to have my us I was expecting to see nothing there instead it was with a very healthy heart beat and they said it was growing as it should be then they found that I was bleeding underneath the sac and I don't understand what it could mean like they said they didn't no and the docswouldnt say either they said I'm having a threatened miscarriage I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before this is my 2nd pregnancy well 3rd but the last one I had a miscarriage or if anyone one no's what it could be let me no asap I'm very worrid and starting to stress...
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Try not to stress - the same thing happened to me at 7 weeks and then at 8 weeks and I am now 20 weeks pregnant and all going well so far. They say as soon as you see a heartbeat you have less than 2-3% chance of miscarriage. Put your feet up as much as you can and relax if you can. I too have another child and I know its hard but try and relax as often as you can for the first trimester and it should help. Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Okay, I'm not an expert, but I did some research. I'm not sure how accurate it is, I found it on the internet.

This blood around the sac is quite possibly what is called a subchorionic hematoma, which is blood that collects between the layers of the forming placenta. Most often these hematomas will resolve themselves by dissipating and disappearing on their own. The hematoma may or may not be accompanied by vaginal bleeding. Any bleeding which occurs may not be enough to reach the vagina and be noted. Any that does not is usually reabsorbed by the body.

Long ago, before ultrasounds, these were often called "threatened miscarriages" because they would present with bleeding. Now that we can determine the cause for the bleeding, OR see the hematoma before any bleeding would actually occur, we know that hematomas, especially when small, only very slightly increase the risk of miscarriage. Many women with subchorionic hematomas go on to deliver full-term healthy babies.

I'm sure your doctor will monitor this for you. If you begin to have bleeding, report that to your doctor. But, for now, rest easy as long as everything else with the ultrasound appeared normal.

Remember that none of us can diagnose you over the internet. It's still best to discuss this with your doctor.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I bleeding at 12 weeks! [ 3 Answers ]

I am twelve weeks pregnant today I am bleeding for the last week, I have no cramps, the blood ranges from brown to red and is generally light, I am very scared as I had a miscarraige at 16 weeks before but with heavy bleeding but again no cramps, ultrasound scan says that the baby is fine, my...

Bleeding at 6.5 weeks pregnant - scared [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help? Has anyone had bleeding at 6.5 - 7 weeks pregnant and had a successful outcome. I have had 3 previous miscarriages all earlier than I am now. Yesterday I had pink mucousy discharge on wiping after going to the loo and today again orange/brown mucus. Its not much but its...

Bleeding for several weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old (female, obviously). I have recently started taking birth control pills again. I am sexually active, but always use condoms. For the last 2 weeks, I have been bleeding. It started like a spotting, usually after sex. After a few days, it was basically my period, which would...

5 weeks pregnant and bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and woke up this morning with brownish/red bleeding! It occurs only when I urinate and I have no cramping. Could this be a miscarriage? This is my second pregnancy and I didn't experience this with my first! HELP!

Still bleeding 8 weeks later [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth (via C-Section) 8 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I had a tubal ligation(also did D&C at that same time). I was spotting (mostly brown) after tubal and then 1 1/2 weeks after tubal, I started to spot red. Now (as of 2 days ago) I started having cramps and I'm bleeding heavier by the moment....

View more questions Search