Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    francisdnieves Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Putting up a home-based garments sewing and manufacturing.
    Hi, Im here in the Philppines. We have the manpower, the skills and the location, but we do not have the technical know how and the capital. My question is: are there any institution or foreign businessmen who would want to put up an investment in the Philippines? Will they be willing to train the people here, considering that they will be the one to price the products and will be able to conduct business outside this country?

I'm kind of looking for ideas, opportunities and business partners. You might be able to help me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 12:29 AM
    You might contact some of the people that are on sites that you will find by clicking on the following search to see if they would be willing to be a business partner with you. Wholesale Garment Manufacturers - Google Search
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 12:30 AM
    There are also sites on the following link where you might find people who would be of help to you.

Finding Foreign Business Partners - Google Search
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Saan banda po kayo sa Pilipinas? Now you say you have the skills but not the technical know how. You will have to be more specific as to what type of technical know how you are lacking. In regards to capital, you would have to be willing to look for an angel investor, avoid emailing any venture capitalists because they would for sure not be willing to get involved, they just want their dividend in return for the capital. Even an angel investor would be hard to get because most US angels invest locally and tend to avoid manufacturing. Your best bet would be to consult some local trade brokers and I would only look in the Manilla area since that is where nearly all of your major trade occurs. Any trade broker would have a lot more contacts than anyone here in regards to finding a foreign investor. You also should realize that the process of acquiring funds can be dreadfully long unless you have a very well developed and detailed plan. I would avoid going to places like Alibaba.com unless you are willing to pay for a membership because the majority of the free members are scammers. This is true at most of the websites similar to them. I would also turn to the department of trade and industry in the PI, go to their website here: Dept of Trade and Industry They should have some great local resources for you.

If you have anymore questions post them here or at my blog which link is at the bottom (just post a comment anywhere).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 04:11 PM
    I will say I have most of my shirts hand sewned over seas. There are many who sell their products on eBay. And set up eBay stores.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know about the online business without any investment . I mean that ,the online business network for house wife without any investment

Home based business [ 7 Answers ]

Is there any legit:( home based business or jobs out there that do not require you to pay money, If so where are they and how do you find them.

Home Based [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a business/job that you can do from your home with out costing an arm and leg to just to start? I don't want to make $1ooo's per week I know that is not real but I know you can make money from home and that there are a lot of companies that use home based people. I would like...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search