Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Apr 13, 2008, 01:41 PM
    I would not waste anymore energy on this man. He sounds opinionated, egotistical and could you honestly live with that for the rest of your life. Make a decision and move forward.
    workedtoohard Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 13, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Get a life, lady. How about your look up rape and aids statistics? NOT FACTS! DEAR GOD! How about your walk in the ghetto at night and see how "open minded" butt does? Born in bred in a nice liberal community with no minorities? Germany was a bunch of racists and guess what? They nearly conquered the world. Were they all low iq people? Why were you allowed to breed, commi scum
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by workedtoohard
    Get a life, lady. How about your look up rape and aids statistics? NOT FACTS! DEAR GOD! How about your walk in the ghetto at night and see how "open minded" butt does? Born in bred in a nice liberal community with no minorities? Germany was a bunch of racists and guess what? They nearly conquered the world. Were they all low iq people? Why were you allowed to breed, commi scum
    Forgot to hit disagree!
    I think you workedtoohard what in the world are you replying to?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I think you workedtoohard what in the world are you replying to?
    Yes I do love the post, but have no idea who he or she was talking to.
    But yes, I have often taken some of my wonderful liberal friends, who believe that people are just misunderstood and so on, well I work with the homeless often here in Atlanta, and I go down under the bridges, to some of their cardboard cities, or into city parks where even the city police have instructions not to go into unless there are at least two officers. I love to see the fear in the eyes of so many of them, now again fear is not wrong, since drug addicts, drug dealers, and others are and can be very dangerous.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Fr_Chuck I am not following what you are meaning about loving to see the fear in them or how it relates to whatever. Maybe my concentration is getting worse than I realized.
    I don't follow workedtoohard's rationalization for calling sara a racist commi either for breaking up with her racist boyfriend
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Well one persons idea of a racist, esp since they never came back to explain what "racist" ideas they were talking about.

But many people who call some things racist are more just conceptions of people more by culture and economic situations. You see 4 teens dressed like they are out of the hood, and you react and have certain ideas from them. Everyone has those.
    If he is working in some areas of medical care often he will see people who will live up to the worst that people live up to.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 03:06 PM
    She did explain how her boyfriend is racist
    She said he walked out of a line at a restaurant and said he was glad because it was a lot of blacks waiting ahead of them
    When she told him her sister was dating a black and some of her cousins were part black she said that he said if she has any black in her to leave him now.
    She said he sees whites as superior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah48375
    Okay, I will give you some examples of conversations to help you all understand what I am talking about.

When prompted if he wanted his children to share in his opinions he said, "Do you mean that whites are superior." I said, "yes" He said that he absolutely did.

He said that if a black person and a white person applied for a job, and he owned the company, he would hire the black person only if he was better qualified. If they were equally qualified, he would hire the white person because you have to take can of your own.

He thinks that any individual that does not learn to speak English before coming to this country should be deported.

When asked what he would do if he had black patients he said, "I'd prefer that they weren't, but I wouldn't turn them away."

Doesn't like any non-European race.

I agree and stated that most people stereotype. However, If three white guys were walking down the street dressed like they were from the hood. I would be just as inclined to go the other way. I wouldn't turn the other way because of the color of their skin. I would walk away because they looked suspicious and dangerous.

If I was sitting on a plane and three Arabic men were on a plane, it might cross my mind, but if they started talking to me, I would then judge them as individual.

I just wish this problem didn't exist. I wish I didn't have to walk away. ...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by workedtoohard
    Yikes, and huh? I'm with everyone else, I don't know were this is coming from, or what the poster is trying to say or to whom he's saying it to. More explanation needed.
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Apr 13, 2008, 04:34 PM
    To clear things up. I have made four separate posts about my situation on this thread. If you missed some please feel free to check... Actually, to be honest, I don't think I need to defend myself. I know where I'm from, and I know what kind of person I am.

I understand and have considered the fact that his perspective is very different than mine. He sees a lot of awful things because he works at hospitals in risky areas. However, his level of hate goes well beyond that. I could never be with a man whose hate is stronger than his love for me. What I mean by that is that if he found I was black, we would be over.

I really appreciate most everyone's comments and opinions on this subject. I'm sorry that not everyone is giving constructive suggestions. I never expected to be personally attacked, nor did I expect to have others enjoy in these attacks. I understand that this is a public forum and people can say what they like. This problem with my B/F is a genuine problem and concern of mine, and I am more than willing to hear other opinions than my own. However, when I am being attacked, I tend to tune people out and not listen. I am going though a hard time, and I would like to think if you're going to be answering questions about relationship issues, you would be slightly more sensitive. I do have feeling...

For everyone else: Thank you for your support.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 05:17 PM
    What I mean by that is that if he found I was black, we would be over.
    Someone who loves you for who you are, wouldn't care who your ancestors were, you would think. That's scary that he could have that level of hate for others. Scarier still, is what if your neighbors end up being a different color? There are to many red flags here of what could happen, if you too hooked up. You have a lot of thinking to do. I can only wish you luck, as that has to be a bad situation to be in.

Apr 13, 2008, 08:58 PM
    I don't think that anyone is attacking you. If anything, we sometimes feel the need to protect people who post a question if we happen to see a lot of red flags as to why a relationship would not work, or at best be very difficult. In the end, you will end of doing what you decide to do with the information that you have. Good luck to you!!

Apr 13, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Yes, that one person was in fact attacking you. The post that I made earlier today was a little bit harsher than what I normally post, and because of that, I thought that you felt that I was attacking you as well. It has been bothering me until just now when I read your statement.

You have a lot of thinking to do. Just know that you are not alone and that regardless of your age, you should not settle. It is better to not be in a relationship than to be in a wrong one. Keep strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Best Friend is Racist [ 9 Answers ]

My best friend and I have been really close now for the past 2 years, and we absoutely love hanging out together, no matter what we do! She's hilarious, and always makes me feel better when I'm angry or sad, but there's one HUGE problem that I really hate about her personality... she's extremely...

He's a racist! [ 9 Answers ]

Ive been going out with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we love each other very much. We are young and we are the kind of couple that might get married in about 8 years. But my problem is that I'm hispanic and he is white. He works in the corrections department. And the people who work in...

Israelis are not Rapists --- and that is racist. [ 15 Answers ]

Alright... it's official. I have now officially heard EVERYTHING. Huh? For years Israelis have been falsely accused of raping Palestinian women, and were called racists for it. Now they are being accused of racism for NOT raping Palestinian women. The fact that such a thesis paper could...

Tell me who's racist? [ 83 Answers ]

This is something I have issues with distinguishing. I do understand that people have to respect eachothers races but the main issue I have is btwn whites and blacks. Why are blacks seemingly allowed to use the N word where if a white used it LAWSUIT?? I have nothing against whites or blacks its...

Racist Americans [ 122 Answers ]

----------THREAD IS SOLELY MEANT FOR INDIANS,ESPECIALLY in INDIA----- You know I just quit my job today, and I can't explain how relieved I feel about it.Used to work as a tech support in a BPO , outsourced in India with most customers calling from america .To a point where I realised that the...

View more questions Search