Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simplysrujan Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Planning to build a Dating Site... Need help
    HI,
    I'm planning to build a Dating site. Could anyone suggest me how to get started.
    Is there a way I can get the members that are already registered on other sites to my website? I don't think any one would come and register for a site with no members.
    I would really appreciate your help
    Thanks
    Sr
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2006, 03:16 PM
    You do as most of the new dating sites do, lie about how many members you have and copy and past a lot of fake adds on them.

You can pay the owners of other sites for rights to tie to their sites.

Find a "dating" service that lets you set up your own pages that connects to their site. A franchise program from some for the existing sites may be what you want to use. But it is never 'your dating servcie" that way you are merely signing people up and the other guys making the most money

http://www.franchiseopportunities.com/Zor_7455
    /TOGETHER_DATING_SERVICE.htm

http://www.togetherdating.com/rightt...rfranchise.htm

Matchmaker allows someone to set up offices their site is
    http://www.mergernetwork.com/static/details/43991.htm

Here is a dating service for sale
    http://www.mergernetwork.com/static/details/43991.htm
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Its not a good idea to start an business with unethical and possibly illegal actions. Trying to get the membership lists of another site without purchasing it from them (and I doubt they would sell them to you) would definitely be unethical. That you would even think of doing something like that doesn't not bode well for your business.

The key to attracting people to a site is advertising. Hire a marketing expert or ad fiorm to help.
    simplysrujan Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Thanks for your replies

I was trying to build a free classified ads website. I found http://www.usfreeads.com/. They let us use their ads on anyone's websites for free. YOu can find that link on the left column of their home page.
    I was wondering if there are nay dating sites that allow us to do the same.

I am absolutely not willing to do anything like copying others stuff. At the same time I don't think it will be a good idea to start with no members. That itself could be a big turnoff for potential customers.

I would appreciate your feedback.
    Thanks
    Sr
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 02:18 AM
    As Scott said - Advertising is the key. There are 101 dating sites out there. They all provide the same kind of services so you have to make sure that you site either has something the others don't or is the first one they see when typing "dating site" into Google, Yahoo etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2006, 05:06 AM
    You might try to enter into reciprocal agreements with other sites to share members, though I doubt if the older, established ones like Match.com and e-harmony would want to. As LT mentioned you need to do something to make your site stand out. I thnk most such sites started offering free matches, but if a match was made, the subscriber had to pay to see details.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 02:57 AM
    If it were me, I would put all of my exwives names and numbers up. Then again, I really would hate to do that to any poor unspecting guy... scratch that idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Planning a wedding ceremony... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! :) I'm planning a secular wedding ceremony... Does anyone have any good ideas for readings/poetry, or 'rites'/ceremonious acts that we could incorporate? I've thought about doing a hand-binding ceremony, including some music and poetry - though nothing is totally fixed yet, and...

Profit Planning [ 1 Answers ]

What is Trend Forecasting? Is there any formula or method to project future sales on basis of given set of data? Data is given in the file attached.636

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search