Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    padmasoman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Regarding employment
    HI ,
    My name is padma. I have worked previously for a pharmacy in U.S.A as an intern . I am yet to atke exams to be a registered pharmacist. I had come back to INDIA due to health problems. My H-1 was valid only till sep. of last year. The particular pharmacy was overtaken by other pharmacy and the new pharmacy assured me that my h-1 would be extended. During this period in INDIA I had asked several times about. The status of my h-1 but was never given any answer.in feb. of 2008 I was told that my h-1 has been withdrawn for no reason. Now I have no vaild visa to go back. Also other pharmacy companies are unable to take up the h-1 sponsorship due to limited time frame.
    I would like to know if icould file case regarding the company. Also I did not receive any kind of sick pay. What. Steps I need to take to claim justice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by padmasoman
    HI ,
    My name is padma. i have worked previously for a pharmacy in U.S.A as an intern . i am yet to atke exams to be a registered pharmacist. i had come back to INDIA due to health problems. my H-1 was valid only till sep. of last year. the particular pharmacy was overtaken by other pharmacy and the new pharmacy assured me that my h-1 would be extended. during this period in INDIA i had asked several times abt. the status of my h-1 but was never given any answer.in feb. of 2008 i was told that my h-1 has been withdrawn for no reason. now i have no vaild visa to go back. also other pharmacy companies are unable to take up the h-1 sponsorship due to limited time frame.
    i would like to know if icould file case regarding the company. also i did not receive any kind of sick pay. wht. steps i need to take to claim justice.

Are you talking about Eckerd being sold to Rite-Aid?

I know that Rite-Aid entered into new negotiations with every aspect of Eckerd, employment included, so any understanding you had with Eckerd had to be accepted and approved by Rite Aid and it would appear your status was not. The buy out caused a flood of problems in the industry. Pharmacists with seniority were suddenly out of work.

You do not have a claim against the company - it's employment at will in most States and they can let you go at any time, including not cooperating with your attempts to obtain a visa. "Promises" made by Eckerd ended when "your" particular store ceased to exist.

As far as sick pay - if there was a company policy and you were entitled, you would have to write the headquarters of Rite-Aid and ask if they assumed this liability/responsibility. I do not know if they did.

Have you completed your schooling and residency and are simply returning to take the test or do you need more work experience?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At-Will Employment [ 7 Answers ]

I started a job on Sep. 21, 2007 and am being terminated on Dec. 1, 2007. My supervisor simply said I was not a good fit and I might not have known, but this is an at-will position so I am being terminated. The offer letter did not state it was at-will nor was in mentioned in the interview. Do I...

Employment law [ 19 Answers ]

If I made a new copy of my work contract and signed it by my manager.would I get the sack

F1 and self-employment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am on F-1 visa and want to sell jewelry made by me, just couple of samples. I found a site, some News letter for international student (//infohost.nmt.edu/~stuaffs/Intl/Newsletters/May2003.pdf), where they say self-employment is illegal for F-1. Though I remember I saw somewhere info that...

Employment [ 1 Answers ]

How do organization ensure that they are hiring the best people and putting them into the right position?

Employment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Will I Find Employment Soon? My Birthday Is 4/28/49. Thank You, Sharon

View more questions Search