Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cranda2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Reconcile an account
    What are the steps to reconcile a business' bank account?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 03:27 PM
    A Bank Reconciliation Statement is a form that allows individuals to compare their personal bank account records to the bank's records of the individual's account balance in order to uncover any possible discrepancies.

So, baseically, get a copy from the bank of the business' bank account and compare that with the financial books that the business keeps of its activities.
    LeeAnnMemphis Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Feb 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
    This is the way I do them at work:
    Start with Bank Balance
    Add deposit in Transit (Deposits you have recorded in the business checkbook, but the bank has not yet posted to your account)
    Subtract Outstanding Checks (Checks you have recorded in the business checkbook, but have not yet cleared the bank per the bank statement)
    The ending amount should equal your book balance. If not, you have missed a transaction somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About UGMA account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I set up a UGMA (Uniform Gift Minor act) account for my son (who is 12 now) 5 years ago. I wanted to take some money out from this account for him to use. Is there any rule when to take out money from UGMA account? If my son attended a summer school with $1000 fee last summer, can I...

Supply account [ 3 Answers ]

The supplies account has a balance of $810 at the beginning of the year and wa debited during the year for $1,950, representing the total of supplies purchased during the year. If $650 of supplies are on hand at the end of the year, the supplies expense to be reported on the income statement for...

Account Garnishmnet [ 1 Answers ]

Can a saving account be garnished just like a checking account? Would the garnishee have to know where my account is located?

Reconcile or divorce? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married for a long, long time. My husband left me, but now is talking to me again. He says he wants a divorvce and has offered a settlement. However, he is being so nice and caring it makes me think there is the possibilitie of a reconciliation. So, which is it? How are things going...

View more questions Search