Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrosbyR Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Bad Smell in Lounge
    Hi,

I live in a 1950's house end of terrace and over the last couple of months I have noticed this awful smell in the living room (we only have floorboards) and its getting progressively worse, its like a pungent/gassy/drainage smell that comes and then goes, when I come in from work its awful, then it disappears and comes back in the evening, I have been down on my hands and lnees sniffing the floor to see if I can locate where its coming from :mad: but I can't and its getting to be an obsessive thing, I have to keep cleaning it to rid the smell, anyone got any ideas at all, its driving me mad :(

Apr 11, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Right, I have checked both man holes in my garden and they are all clear, could it possibly be anything to do with the water waste drains for the sink and the rainwater the water is about 3 or 4 inches from the top of the drain holes??
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Sounds like some kind of mildew problem that you have going on there. Need to check out what is under the floor for any standing water or mold spores on the underside of the floor.

Apr 11, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Mmmmmm well I have had some of the boards up round where the radiators are fitted but couldn't see anything, I shall have another look, thanks for your advice :-)
    yowee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 12:34 AM
    Bad smell will gone forever when you placed air purifier in you room. Not just bad smell only but also dust, odor, smoking etc. You and your family will stay away from allergy from now on with air purifier at Best Air Purifier

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restaurant /Lounge Investors [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was raised in London and found success at a very young age as a restaurant, bar and lounge consultant. He has set up many successful and well known business during his time in London. About 5 years ago he took a position as head of restaurant/bars of a large and successful hotel group...

Decorating my lounge [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me - my lounge is 18ft X 10ft it has a fitted carpet in teal colour - what colour should I paint the walls - also I would like a feature wall - what colour should the suite and curtains be??

The Lounge 2 [ 674 Answers ]

This is the continuation of https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member-discussions/lounge-29979.html.

The Original Lounge [ 1624 Answers ]

Well, folks, I thought I would start a thread that has absolutely NO subject. So, welcome to The Lounge. A great place to chit-chat about everything and nothing. No matter what you want to say here will be off-topic. The menu: Coffee (Val I made it just for you) Kool-aid for Tal I have...

View more questions Search