Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daithio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Windows Explorer advanced search bug
    I have a very annoying Windows XP Explorer bug. The "Type of File" drop-down list (under Search-More advanced options) does not contain the first entry: (All Files and Folders). When I launch and do a file search, this field is blank and the serach works as expected. However, at the end of the search, Explorer places the top value in the list in this field (happens to be 3GPP Movies) and I cannot remove or delete this so all subsequent searches are restricted to 3GPP files. To continue normal searching I have to close and re-launch Explorer.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
    You can try a sfc /scannow at a run prompt
    This will check your system files to see if there are any corrupt or missing system files
    You may need your installtion disk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxford Advanced Genie under Windows Vista [ 3 Answers ]

Why Oxford Advanced Genie does not run under Windows Vista?

Google advanced advanced search [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that not all special operators work together in Google advanced searching... How can I do a Google search for webpages containing a word in the url AND a term on the page? For example, at stgabrielradio.com homepage is the term "monsignor lane". ... so if I were searching for...

No Search for Internet Explorer! [ 5 Answers ]

I canīt access search sites (like www.google.com) from my internet explorer, and some other sites as well (like www.submarino.com.br). I reinstalled the browser already, but I'm still canīt access them. Please, I don't want to format my HD and reinstall XP, someone HELP ME!!

View more questions Search