Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bundles Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Apr 10, 2008, 11:32 PM
    When Grandma Goes To Court
    ALWAYS REMEMBER NEVER ASK A QUESTION UNLESS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER.

Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
    In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand.

He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?'

She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defense attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,
    'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.'
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Goes to show you just how small a town THAT was LOL!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 09:31 PM
    LMAO... never mess with the old :-)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 07:18 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the perfect grandma! Loved it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Does Grandma have much say in who comes to the wedding? [ 8 Answers ]

My son is getting married in February. My mother (grandma) is exerting extreme pressure about family members who she wants included. These family members had little if anything to do with my son. He does not want to invite these people. I am stuck in the middle. Help!

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Grandma Ghost [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so... I am sure there is a ghost in my house, I been hearing voices like my grandma voice she calls me sam(nickname) and about 3am I woke up heard the door open up(no one was there and the windows were closed) and a woman voice that sounds like my grandma whispered 'Sam' my mom and dad, sister...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

View more questions Search