Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    planoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Installed new thermostat unit doesn't work
    Hi, Installed a digital thermostat, replacing a manual one. The fan worked for a short time, then switched to heat mode and it didn't work. Found I had it wired one wire wrong, Wired it right, then nothing, Could this cause damage to my unit? I put the old one back on it still doesn't work. I have a heat pump and bought a ritetemp thermostat 6020.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 02:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by planoman
    Could this cause damage to my unit?
    Most probably the incorrect installation destroyed the new thermostat. Just replace it again. Properly this time...

:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 02:44 AM
    Check for a blown fuse on the indoor unit circuit board. Also check to see if you still have 24 volt control voltage.
    bsaah Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Apr 13, 2008, 05:17 AM
    The RiteTemp Support Site - 6020 Technical Support Page please vist this site and probably it can solve the problem
    bsaah Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Apr 13, 2008, 05:24 AM
    If the site take awhile refresh it then it will work tell me if the site was great by sending me a privat message

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Installed thermostat, then A/C unit stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into our new home. Noticed the A/C went on all day, non-stop even though it was set on auto at 77 degrees. Figured the thermostat was broken, so decided to replace old one with Honeywell 5-2. Mapped it just like the 4-wiring old one, Y-G-W-R. Red wire on old thermostat was wired to...

How to reverse Harbor Breeze fan when remote unit not installed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze Exceter 52" fan. The remote unit was not wired in and I would like to know if the fan can be reversed or how does it need to be wired on the wall to facilitate this function to work.

New Air Handler Installed; Now AC Does Not Work [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a new air handler for my heat pump. The heat works fine but the air conditioner is not blowing cool air. Thanks

Installed Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat but get no power [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to comb through the threads to find a problem that fits mine, but I didn't find it. So please forgive me if this is a repeat question for something that has already been presented. I have just installed 2 Honeywell programmable thermostats (RTH7000 series). The one for my...

View more questions Search