Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss Sparkle Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Apr 10, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Elegant dresses
    Hi, I really need some help. I've been given a place in a regional heat to find the next miss england, I was just wondering if any one knew of a good shop in the uk selling dresses or of any body knows of any good designers, I'm looking for something very classy for this occasion. If any one could help id be very grateful
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sparkle
    If anyone could help id be very grateful
    Dear Sparkle : the requirements needed to become Miss Whatever is not in the dress she wears. It is her appearance, her looks, and her character that makes a girl Miss Whatever.
    Start training on being proud on yourself, your language, and how you (can) express yourself : so stop using SMS spelling on the Internet.
    I wish you all the luck in that competition. Sorry, but can't help you with retail information in the UK, but hope someone else can!
    ;)
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 06:48 PM
    I have no idea... never been to England.
    Just wanted to say good luck, hope you make it to the next level!
    Let us know how it goes.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 06:50 PM
    I don't know either, sorry, just want to wish you luck.

I hope someone else can answer your question.
    Miss Sparkle Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Apr 10, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Thank you Gernald.
    I know it's not about the dress, but it's not everyday someone gets to take part in something like this so I want to make an effort and look my best. When you look great, you feel great, which will make me shine even more :)

I will let you all know how it goes. I'm counting down the days until the final:)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 07:32 PM
    I see you have your location listed as London, given the size of the city you should have no trouble finding a dress shop. I don't know of any to recommend to you, but I'm sure there will be one which can meet your expectations.

Here's a Google search for "formal dress shop, london" formal dress shop, london - Google Search. The first link is a forum with several people recommending specific sites.

Good luck, and congrats!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
    If you want something from the internet there are some really nice dresses on this site.

ME me-BT1275

Satin Rouge by Atelier 3101

La Femme 12158

Faviana 5907
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Apr 11, 2008, 07:35 PM
    No idea if this store is in UK but I really like nordstrom... hope that helps!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Can you get to Marlow or Henley? They have regatta dresses galore at this time or year that you can hire or buy. They are probably the style you are looking for, elegant, flowing, sophisticated. If you live in london you can get your parents to drive there or get the train to marlow (then bus to henley). I cannot for the life of me remember the names of the shops but there are a couple, you can ask in the tourist information shops for where they are.

Worth a trip I think ;)

In Londo there are some good designer shops just off Oxford Street near the apple store if you don't fancy going out of the way. They had some contemporary stuff last time I saw.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridesmaid dresses [ 7 Answers ]

Who buys the bridesmaid dresses... I'm getting married in oct. and I'm clueless as to who pays for what. Do I buy them or do they buy them? I have never even been to a wedding. I'm trying not to stress but there is a lot to do lol... and who pays for the honeymoon... me or my dad?

Eighth grade dresses [ 4 Answers ]

Were should I get my eighth grade dress from?

Elegant low budget wedding décor ideas? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any low budget, yet elegant decorating ideas for a church wedding? I have a friend who has to say the least been through tremendous hardships this past year. She will be getting married in a month, and her budget is low. I want to help her to make her day as memorable and elegant...

Wedding Dresses Made? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how I could go about getting a wedding dress made, and whether you would know the ball park of the cost. I also would like links if you could or a name or something that would help me out. I am trying to renew my vows in 2011 and I know that it takes time, so that is why I am asking...

View more questions Search