Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnavig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Problems with water valve temperature
    The main valve to house was shut off to change valve in shower from two handle control to single handle control. Now that main is back on the faucets in another bathroom are not working correctly. Shower has cold water coming out of both valves. Two sinks have hot water only coming out of both sinks both valves. Why would this happen?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 12, 2006, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donnavig
    The main valve to house was shut off to change valve in shower from two handle control to single handle control. Now that main is back on the faucets in another bathroom are not working correctly. Shower has cold water coming out of both valves. Two sinks have hot water only coming out of both sinks both valves. Why would this happen?
    Hi Don,
    You must have disturbed some mineral buildup on the pipe walls and now the supplies and/or the inlet ports on the cartridges are clogged. Shutv the water off to a faucet and open it up. Check the inlet ports on the cartridge for any trash. Before you reassemble turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies. You should have a full stream, both hot and cold coming from the supplies. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Toilet Water Supply Shutoff Valve problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is this; When I turn the toilet water supply valve I don't hear any water flow sound anymore, so the only way we can flush the toilet is to fill up a bucket with water and pour it down. Before we had the same problem but what we would have to do is turn on the faucet to the tub...

Inconsistent water temperature [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Im having trouble with my water not being at a consistent temperature. For example it starts scolding hot then quickly goes to luke warm. Once I shut it off and turn in back on it will get hot again. This is absolutely annoying when Im trying to shower. Please help. :confused:

Tube from the water shut off valve [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was turning off the water to the toilet while trying to fix something and the tube FROM the shut off valve TO the toilet tank broke. How can this be fixed by an amateur? Please help, we have 6 people in the house with one working toilet! Thanks!

Gas valve problems? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a miller/nordyke propane runned furnace m1 series. I have had the gas valve replaced and the ignitor. They checked the control board, there was nothing wrong with that. :p Here is the problem. The furnace runs fine and follows the sequences it should, but when the gas valve engages,...

View more questions Search