Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Apr 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Blanket box or Fire box ? Made in France
    Hi, I have a blanket or fire box. Don't know much of the history of it. Pictures to be uploaded in a moment. Thanks to Jrebel7. I hope I'm able to past a copy of Ace's space even though I can't visit it myself at the moment. Ace's space --- ACE
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Hi All,

I am posting for Ace High, a few images after resizing. More to come! :p
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Ok, one more image and you will have the total package of images! Ace, let me know if you want anything changed.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Here is that last image Ace. :)
    Attached Images

Apr 10, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Here is that last image Ace. :)
    I have no reputation to give. But I can give you a big THANK YOU for all your help. I'm sure my ISP is going to cut off my service for using up all my bandwidth. -- Ace
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace High
    I have no reputation to give. But I can give you a big THANK YOU for all your help. I'm sure my ISP is going to cut off my service for using up all my bandwith. -- Ace
    It was my pleasure to help! :p

I hope you get lots of good feedback and information! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Excellent images! I think that I would be more inclined to call this a chest or even a trunk because of the dimensions of it. What would someone describe the scenes as being depictions of on it? Printemps is the French word for the season of spring. Or, is that a name because there is an "E" in front of it.

It would appear to be made of brass. Would that be correct?

Does it have handles on the ends? What is on the inside?

Where did you obtain this? How old do you think it is, please?

Apr 12, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Excellent images! I think that I would be more inclined to call this a chest or even a trunk because of the dimensions of it. What would someone describe the scenes as being depictions of on it? Printemps is the French word for the season of spring. Or, is that a name because there is an "E" in front of it.

It would appear to be made out of brass. Would that be correct?

Does it have handles on the ends? What is on the inside?

Where did you obtain this? How old do you think it is, please?
    Hi Clough,
    This is another flea market find. It is metal over wood. Not sure what type of metal. Magnets will not stick to it. No handles. What you see is just a box. The lid is slanted and not flat. It is a clean wood box on the inside. The wood is not heavy. There is no info on the box other then "Made in France" which is impressed into the wood. I have no idea of the age. The back of the box has no metal. I think it is designed to butt up against the wall so there was no need to put a sheet of metal there. The wood inside is not lined. This box was not used to hold anything dirty. -- Ace
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Thank you for the further information! We will keep looking for information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

Curosity about dog sucking blanket. [ 9 Answers ]

I am the third owner of my doxie and Zeus is the first dog I have eve owned so I was wondering if it is normal for a dog to like to suck on things? When we first got him I made a place for him with a couple of blankets and a pillow because the first night we hadn't had a chance to buy him a dog...

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

Art Etchings made in France [ 1 Answers ]

I have a colored etching made in France by Adams. Not sure of the first initial, Maybe a Y. It says it is copyrited by Sidney Lucas. It is a colored print of a horse drawn coach. Four horses, two riders, and four people in the coach. Do you have information on this print, like who the artist...

View more questions Search