Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    polska Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Apr 10, 2008, 10:25 AM
    How fast is too fast to fall in love?
    Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone.
    We had even discussed how we wanted each other a long time ago and how horrible it was to be around each other and not be intimate.
    Finally a few months ago, circumstances changed and we were safe to date.
    We were already friends going into a hot and heavy romance. Spending a lot of time together, long phone calls, love e-mails etc.etc. I was head over heels for her day and night. Easter weekend was very special and full of passion. I thought we were at the same level emotionally and mentally. I told her that I was falling in love with her and she seemed to glow a little as I said it.
    1 week ago, she called me on the phone and said it was over. She was concerned about how fast I fell in love. "It couldn't be possible for someone to fall in love that fast" she said. "We don't even know each other." I didn't even have a chance to say a word. She was gone. Not returning calls. No communication for a week.
    My heart is crushed! I am 36 years old and have been in and out of relationships my whole life. Never had I felt this chemistry before. Was I too fast for love?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
    The short answer is yes.

When you start dating the man has to provide the fun and entertainment to the woman. When SHE is ready to get emotional, you let her on her terms. In fact, when she does you don't jump right in with her, you still pull back. She wants a challenge and when you lead with your heart it's too much to soon for her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 12:13 PM
    I think you feel into the trap of thinking she felt the same, and she didn't. Intense feelings do that, sometimes they just fade for one partner, and not the other.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Apr 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I don't necessarily think that the problem is that you fell in love too fast. The real issue is that you verbalized those feelings too quickly and probably scared her away. Experience has taught me that you never tell a woman you love her early in the relationship even if you really do love her. You always need to keep your cards close to your chest at the beginning of a relationship. The "I love you" stuff should come many months later and personally she should be the first one to bring it up.

My advice at this point would be to call her up and leave a message. Apologize for moving too fast and that you would like to slow it down so that you two can get to know one another some more. Don't say anything that's lovey-dovey or tell her that you really care about her. Just keep it short and simple. After that don't call her anymore. If she doesn't contact you within a week than let this one go and move on.
    sheala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 06:01 PM
    How fast is to fast to fall in love?
    lala_87_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 02:33 PM
    We can't control our emotions wish that was possible but its not no time limit on falling in love

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

How fast do people fall in love? [ 9 Answers ]

Sometimes everything falls into place and love happens so fast, and sometimes it builds over time. How quickly have you fallen in love?

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

How fast? [ 4 Answers ]

The lonely deputy sat and waited for hours. Finally, a car came speeding by. The cop pulled the car over and said, "I've been waiting all day for this." To which the young man said, "I got here as fast as I could.":D

Is this too fast? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay, I have a new boyfriend, and we have been only going out for like 24 hours and he hands me a note saying:To my baby, From pimp dawg.Is that kind of early to be calling mee that? Please answer

View more questions Search