Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiaashlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 09:47 AM
    No period after having the copper IUD removed
    Hi I am 24 years old mother of 2. I had the copper IUD fitted after the birth of my second child 2 years ago. I decided to have it removed because me and my husband want to try for another baby. I had it removed 4 day before I was due to had a period but I have'nt had a period I'm 5 days late now and I have done lots of pregnancy test all negative. What's happening is this normal? :confused: :confused:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 11:09 AM
    So you have no history of serious pelvic infection, I'm guessing? And no issues with perforation or it embedding with the IUD? I'm assuming you would have stated this if it were the case.

Take a deep breath in and out. Don't fret.

While many state IUD removal can allow for the immediate return of your period, its just not always that simple.

What you have working for you... your age. You are young. One study of women who used barrier methods versus IUDs saw that the younger the woman, the quicker the conception, no matter the method used. Likewise... women 35 or older who were long term users of IUDs we not statistically different than those of the same age who used barrier methods after 36 months... which means older IUD users seemed to struggle more short term, but not long.

So talk to your doctor. There's nothing better than personal attention. Don't fret about not getting your period immediately. There are a lot of things that can affect this (stess, nutrition, health, mental state, etc)... and don't fret if you don't become pregnant quickly. Your doctor will likely not worry about fertility testing until you've passed a year or so of actively trying without conception.

So... at this point, give your body time to reset.

Unless there are other predisposing conditions I don't know about, I think you just need to give your body some time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iud removed and still no period [ 1 Answers ]

At the beginning of February I had to have my IUD removed when I noticed it was coming out. At the time I was 5 days late with my period and they tested me told me I was not pregnant. It's now 3 weeks later and I still don't have my period and as of last Friday a pregnancy test still came back...

Sweating copper to copper valve connections [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing my shower with a Moen system that has a Moentrol three function transfer valve Model 3330. The inlet and outlets are copper to copper. Other than removing the cartridges prior to sweating is their any particular trick to heating those connections on the valve? Thanks very much for...

Copper pipes to cpvc: still ground the old copper? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... again... I have two copper stub outs that come into my garage, one the cold water in, which goes to my waterheater, and one hot water out, to the rest of the house, underground (slab construction). I will be re-plumbing my water heater and adding a bathroom from these lines, but I...

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search