Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hondacivic93 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 01:02 AM
    Dashlights
    My dashlights don't work when I turn on my headlights, but when I have my headlights off my gears(D1,D2,D3,R,N etc. ) are lit up but everything else is not. I already checked the fuses and bulbs and it was all OK well yea please help thanks. Oh yeah the car is a honda civic 93. Well please help me out guys cause I need it. Thanks
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
    How did this start happening?

Feb 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CroCivic91
    How did this start happening?
    Well I bought the car that way it was used so I don't really know how it got this way. But any ideas on fixing this problem?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 13, 2006, 01:27 AM
    So I take it it's got an automatic transmission. Do you know if the gauge cluster was changed?

I had something like that happen to me when I swapped my gauge cluster that didn't have a tach out, and put one with the tach in. Check Engine light would go on when I opened the door, Oil light would go on when I pulled the handbrake, and all kinds of weird stuff happened. Basically, I took my old gauge cluster, turned it upside down and traced the lines on the back of it and noted where each one went. Then did the same with my new gauge cluster, and found out it's not the same. So I had to play with wires.

If you want to see how I did it, go to http://public.carnet.hr/~kpuljic/honda/new_cluster/

That might give you an idea what to try next...

Feb 13, 2006, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CroCivic91
    So I take it it's got an automatic transmission. Do you know if the gauge cluster was changed?

I had something like that happen to me when i swapped my gauge cluster that didn't have a tach out, and put one with the tach in. Check Engine light would go on when i opened the door, Oil light would go on when i pulled the handbrake, and all kinds of weird stuff happened. Basically, i took my old gauge cluster, turned it upside down and traced the lines on the back of it and noted where each one went. Then did the same with my new gauge cluster, and found out it's not the same. So i had to play with wires.

If you want to see how I did it, go to http://public.carnet.hr/~kpuljic/honda/new_cluster/

That might give you an idea what to try next...

Thanks, but I found out what the problem was, It was my dimmer switch something inside was screwing up but I fixed it so everythigns all good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search