Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
    My butt hurts
    I know, haha. Not really. I think I pulled a tush muscle or cramped it or something while working out. How do I rememdy this? It seriously hurts to even sit.
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 10, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Treatment of a gluteal muscle strain depends on the severity of the strain.

Rest - Do not do activities that cause pain, such as running, jumping, and weightlifting using the leg, hip, and buttocks muscles. If normal walking hurts, shorten your stride. Do not play sports until the pain is gone.

Cold - Apply ice or a cold pack to the affected buttock for 15 to 20 minutes, 4 times a day for several days after the injury. Wrap the ice or cold pack in a towel. Do not apply the ice directly to your skin.

Pain Relief Medications - Take aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), or acetaminophen (Tylenol) to help relieve pain. If you still have tenderness in the buttocks while taking these drugs, do not return to physical activity. Check with your doctor.

Heat - Apply heat to the affected buttock only when you are returning to physical activity. Then use it before stretching or getting ready to play sports.

Stretching - When the acute pain is gone, start gentle stretching as recommended by a health care professional. Stay within pain limits. Hold each stretch for about 10 seconds and repeat 6 times.

Strengthening - Begin strengthening exercises for your gluteal muscles as recommended by a health care professional.

Basically - try not to over strain yourself, lay off the exercise until you're feeling better, and take some OTC pain meds. If it doesn't get better, call the doc. :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Hello mamma:

I don't live too far. Come on up and I'll rub it.

excon
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 08:50 AM
    normally for strains/tears you rest it, ice it, compress it, and elevate it. Elevation here might be a little tough, or at least awkward.

as mentioned before, ice it, take minor meds for pain if needed, careful stretching is important, and a few days in you can start to gently squeeze the muscle over and over for 20-30 reps. Do this a few times a day. It's a part of normal rehab.

I know someone who had what's called an "avulsion fracture" at the butt... they were dancing, held the leg up to the shoulder, dropped into the splits and *pop*... the muscle actually tore from the bone. Ambulance ride. x-rays. No fun to watch. The remedy? Pain meds, ice, and rest. Crutches were used when walking was started again.

not being crude here, but I'm not sure where the pain is exactly (upper, out, in, down, etc).. but have you looked with a mirror to see if you have any bruising from a tear? Id expect you to have known if you tore something, but still... I've woken up with a sore muscle before and the only explanation I had was it must have contracted in the night like a charlie horse but it didn't wake me up.

excon obviously is willing to kiss it.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 08:07 PM
    There is no bruising. And I'll pass on excon's offer. Thanks for the information. I will try to the icing, and warming technique.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a bigger butt? [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, I am 26 years old and am pretty happy with my body except my butt is not big enough. :( I want to have a larger, more round and firm butt. I work out 3 times a week but I am not sure what excersises I need to do to achieve this. I also want to know if sit ups actually give you nice firm abbs...

BuMps on my Butt [ 3 Answers ]

What is this? When I wake up in the morning I feel Just an ordinary morning for me... But when I am taking a bath I feel a BumpS on the base of my lift butt.. It sting a little when I set down or feel it... What would your idvice for the cure of this? . Help me on this!!

Finger in butt? [ 7 Answers ]

My son is 8 yrs old and has ADHD. He has always been fasinated with the "holes" in his body, such as ears and nose. It started when he was 2 with tissue up the nose and a two hour er visit to have it all removed. From then on it continued until about 4. I know that children do that with ears...

A bigger butt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everone Is there a way that I could possibly make my butt bigger, and my waist smaller through exercise or food?

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

View more questions Search