Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Workout Supplements
    I know there are powders, shakes, and drinks designed for men to bulk their muscles up and have more energy at the gym.

Is there something similar for women? Something that will help lose weight, gain muscle, and give me/us energy?
    salvador1724 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I know there are powders, shakes, and drinks designed for men to bulk their muscles up and have more energy at the gym.

Is there something similar for women? Something that will help lose weight, gain muscle, and give me/us energy??
    Hi,Wht U doing now?
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Please be more elaborate with your question.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 04:10 PM
    This is what I have been hearing that many people use now

Women Can Get Great Benefits From Whey Protein « Mr Nutrition's
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Thank you, I will look into it. Thanks a ton.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
    I'm currently taking whey protein right now as a supplement after my workouts... and I can see the difference between the days I take it and the days that I don't.

Whey protein isn't only for helping you bulk up, but it can help you get leaner as well.

So after a workout, I suggest mixing a scoop of whey protein (I take the strawberry flavored one) with milk (2% milk... I tried mixing it with water... and milk just tastes a whole lot better with it), and drinking it. It helps with your recovery time by quite a bit.
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 08:08 PM
    So does this help with energy at all? And is this recommended for women?
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 08:14 PM
    I recommend it to anyone who's starting up an exercise routine, or just needs a bit more protein in their diet.

As far as energy goes, I've noticed a steady increase in the amount of weights I lift, but I haven't done a full out (lift with whey, lift without whey) experiment to check out the difference.

If you're looking for a bit more energy, I suggest taking a multivitamin, taking up an exercise routine (it could be anything as simple walking 30 min every other day), and then supplementing your diet with whey protein after your workout.
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
    I already have a workout routine. I'm looking for a supplement that will give me more energy and also help build muscle and lose weight.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Then a multivitamin + whey protein will help you out quite a bit.

The one I use is from GNC and it comes in a cereal-box-sized pouch:

It's about $10 - $15... try it out. If you don't like the results of it, at least you didn't spend a fortune on trying something out.
    Vision Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Thank you... I will try it.
    bigswole5000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 05:25 PM

Is there something similar for women? Something that will help lose weight, gain muscle, and give me/us energy??
    Yes there are. You can use the eas soy protein. It's a good source of protein that could help lower your cholesterol. Just stay away from those products that say muscle gain or stuff like that because they are primarily intended for men.
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Something for women... hmmm...

The suggestions about protein intake are great, but they only answer half your question. To gain muscle, you need protein, plain and simple. This alone will not bulk you up, so don't be afraid of that. Protein contains a nitrogen molecule which gets stored into muscle cells, hence the body chemistry of "nitrogen retention". Carbs and fats will NOT make your muscles grow. They are only energy sources for the body.

As for energy, in terms of a supplement, you are looking for a stimulant. This being caffeine, or anything with high sources of vitamin b-12 (cyanocobalamin), b-6 (pyridoxine), b-9 (folic acid), taurine, and tyrosine, etc.

(based on your opinion from a previous post, I won't suggest diet pills or any of their ingredients)...

Even something with high sources of arginine (an amino acid). Now we're talking nitric oxide here. N.O. (nitric oxide) isn't just for men anymore. I have suggested it to many of my female clients and they LOVE it. They take about 3 grams of arginine 30min before a workout and they have tons of energy. The reason for this is the hemodilation effect (the widening of the arteries). This increases blood flow, which in turn means more transportation of oxygen in the blood while its being pumped during exercise...

More oxygen = more energy to muscles = more blood to the brain = more focus and motivation...

Try it... you just might like it! Good luck.
    Vision Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 05:45 PM
    I'm sure what exactly you are recommending to me...

Apr 19, 2008, 09:40 AM
    I'm sure what exactly you are recommending to me...
    I'm currently experimenting with my 7th nitric oxide (N.O.) product. I've tried both pills and powders, yet only one seems to stand out by far...

The company is BSN, and their product is called N.O Xplode. It also contains a vitamin B complex to help with the energy boost, and some taurine too I believe. The recommended serving is from 1 to 3 scoops. The maximum I have done is only 2 scoops, and I'm 255 lbs! It gives me tons of energy and focus in the gym.

Should you try it, I suggest starting with 1/2 a scoop, and work your way up from there to test your body's tolerance. Mix it with 8 ounces of cold water about 30min before a workout... and when I say mix it, just stir it up gently, and DON'T shake it up in a mixer cup. It will dissolve instantly in the water with the help of a spoon. Good luck.
    Vision Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Is this advisable for a woman? And someone that does not weigh 255?

Apr 20, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Is this advisable for a woman? And someone that does not weigh 255?
    Absolutely! That's why I recommended you start with 1/2 a scoop and work your way up from there. Maybe you won't need more than that half scoop to achieve amazing energy levels. Everyone has a different tolerance, and you just need to find yours. This also applies to your bodyweight. I have more blood to pump around my frame, hence why I would need 2 scoops...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Supplements for dogs [ 1 Answers ]

I give my 9 months old mix up pups cod liver oil, evening of primrose, garlic and omega 3 capsules you know those gel type ones that humans take to keep them healthy Cod liver oil - joints Evening of primrose - coat conditioner Garlic- flea prevention Omega 3 - joints and brain booster ...

When to take vitamins and supplements [ 2 Answers ]

My doctor has recommended that I take a B complex vitamin. When should I take this? With food or without? Any time or evening or morning? Also any recommendation on best time to take calcium with Vitamin D?

What do you think about supplements [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for more then 6 months now. I know that it takes time and all that. But I was wondering if there were some safe supplements that I could be taking to increase my fertility. I already take a daily vitamin and iron supplement as well. Thanks!

Supplements [ 1 Answers ]

What are the adverse side effects of NO2 (arginine alpha ketoglutarate) ?

View more questions Search