Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Where to find Marriage licenses
    Where would I look to find proof of whether two individuals were married?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Do you know where they were married? Marriage records are a matter of public record and should be available at the courthouse where they were married.
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Texas or Louisiana, courthouse no. I don't think that they were. That's what I am trying to prove.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 08:21 PM
    I wasn't suggesting that they were married at a courthouse, in case that's what you think that I meant, but that the records of the marriage would most likely be stored at a county courthouse. I should have worded things better. Sorry!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 08:45 PM
    There is no national data base, in some cases, you can contact the state records office with the peooples name and birth dates and pay for a search.
    But in some states all the records are still at the local county level and you would have to know even the county they were born in.

So it is often almost impossible to prove it without a lot more info on them. And that does not even take into consideration those that run across the border to mexico to get married, or do it on a cruise line in the ocean and more
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 11:51 PM
    They said that they were married at a courthouse. And refuse to produce a marriage certificate. Its my cousin. I just want to know if she is lying to get attention as she always does. But they live in Louisiana...
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Here is an idea for you, Momma.

If you look for them on The Web's Largest People Search by Background Check, Public Records Search, E-Mail Address - Find People and Search Business at PeopleFinders.com and they are married, or sharing things financially in some way, it should show up. I have used the free part of that site many times to locate people. On the free part you can often find the married and maiden names of people, who their relatives are, how old they are (I have found that this is usually off by a year), where they have lived and presently do live and sometimes the names of businesses that they presently have or have had in the past. It's pretty cool and free!

After that, if you do know for sure as to where they live, or have lived, you could see if any court records are available in those counties. More and more, court records are available online. I do know that when they are, and some kind of legal action has taken place through a court, and if the records are available online, that you can often find records where spouses will be listed, if that spouse is one of the persons involved in the case. I know that in Iowa, divorces are listed in the online court records. There are many other things that can be listed in online court records that could be listed here. It does depend upon the particular site. Sometimes you have to pay to use the online services for court records. Oftentimes, you do not.

Just to get you started after, if you choose to use The Web's Largest People Search by Background Check, Public Records Search, E-Mail Address - Find People and Search Business at PeopleFinders.com here are a couple other searches that you might like to click on in order to see if any court records are available online in the state of Louisiana. Louisiana Court Records - Google Search and Louisiana County Court Records - Google Search

Just to note: I have looked for court records in Louisiana, but haven't been able to find any online yet. That doesn't meant that they aren't out there somewhere, though. The information that you might find on PeopleFinders.com might tell you what you want to know.

Are there perhaps some other relatives that you might be able to ask concerning this?

Just some thoughts for you...
    Vision Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 04:47 PM
    They live together, so I know that they are sharing things financially. That won't prove or disprove a marriage.

I couldn't find anything under the provided links without paying soemthing... Thanks though.
    Vision Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 04:48 PM
    And no, she is lying to everyone...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 04:55 PM
    If she got married at the local courthouse, just go down there and check, they are all public records
    Vision Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I don't know where she could have gotten married, either in Texas or Louisiana, or neither. I think she is lying about it. I live in Washington.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Licenses for business [ 3 Answers ]

:p hi I am looking to start a business I want to sell brand name clothing online... but I want to know if I'm purchasing from over seas,do I need a business license of some kind some one please help me thank you

Business licenses [ 2 Answers ]

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mr. Sexual Blue, and I reside in the State of California, the City of Hollywood. I am in the process of starting a moving company but I am not sure as to what business license that I will need or where to obtaion such license. I plan to offer free...

Painting Licenses [ 2 Answers ]

Does Anyone know what type of license u need for a painting Business?

Collection Agency Licenses In KY [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Does anyone know if collections agencies need to licensed or bonded in the State of Kentucky? Thanks!

View more questions Search