Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belgica88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
    I don't know if my boyfriend can get me pregnant
    I'm trying to get pregnant but my boyfriend smokes mariguana. Is there a problem if he smokes? Can he still get me pregnant?
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
    In men, marijuana decreases testosterone, sperm count, and potency. It can also lead to higher rates of certain heart abnormalities in the fetus. And what kind of mental state would he be in to watch and care for a baby or child while "high."

It's even worse for women. The risk of higher rates of spontaneous abortion, pregnancy complications, and problems with labor and delivery. Birth defects are associated with marijuana use. Mothers' use is associated with mutant lymphocytes--deranged immune cell factors--which could later lead to higher rates of childhood cancers.

With this being said the best advice anyone will give you--quit immediately. Ideally, a woman and/or her partner should quit long before they try for conception. Also you don't want your baby coming into a world with drug addict / drug using parents. That is very unfair for an innocent baby.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 09:54 PM
    The above post is dead on right.

Drugs, among many other things such as illness, affect the quality of sperm. Takes about three months to produce the guys... so if you want the best chance from his side, he's going to have to behave the best he can for 3 mo or more, since most don't get pregnant on their first try.

If that's too much to ask of him, then he probably shouldn't be fathering a child.
    IloveMySon Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    the above post is dead on right.

drugs, among many other things such as illness, affect the quality of sperm. takes a little less than three months to produce the guys... so if you want the best chance from his side, hes going to have to behave the best he can for 3 mo or more, since most dont get preg on their first try.

if thats too much to ask of him, then he probably shouldnt be fathering a child.
    I totally agree... especially with the last part about fathering a child... enough said
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 09:59 PM
    How old are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't think my boyfriend is attracted to me anymore. [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend is currently living 2000 miles away from me, going to school, so we are in a long distance relationship, every time we are together, we at least have sex a couple times in the week periods we get to meet up. :) I hadn't seen him for 5 months, and I flew out to see him for New Years,...

I don't know what to do , She has A boyfriend [ 15 Answers ]

First Of All , I am working at an internet café . 10 days ago I met my angel Sophie she's an international model age 17 , she came at the café for some work she had to do on internet . At the first day I started talking to her for general stuff , didn't ask her name or anything else. At the second...

Should I dump my boyfriend? I don't know whether I really like him? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Well I've known this guy for 3 weeks and we've been going out for about 4 days. The thing is when I first meet him I was really attracted to him and I really wanted to date him. Now I finally have him I find it tiresome when he constantly tries to talk to me. I try to avoid talking to him...

I don't think I love my boyfriend anymore! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years on and off and I thought that I really and truly loved him but now Im not so sure. I mean after we broke up the last time my feelings for him kind of left. I don't want to break up with him but I don't know if I could ever love him again. I don't...

I don't know how to live without my boyfriend. I can't believe its real [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend was killed just over 2 weeks ago on 03 January 2007 in a plane crash and I still don't believe it. He had been away flying so I hadn't seen him in 6 weeks but we talked every night before bed. I saw the pictures of the crash, I planned and executed his funeral and did the eulogy, got...

View more questions Search