Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low
    What Does This Mean ---How Do I Fix

Windoze-Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low

Your system is low on virtual memory. Windoze is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.

During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.

:)
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Apr 11, 2008, 04:53 PM
    When do you get this message and how much memory do you have?

First thing I would do is take a look at the software that's running when you get the message and see if something in there is not messed up.

You can try increasing the size of your paging file.
    Open the Control Pannel.
    Double Click the System icon.
    In the System Properties Window click the Advanced Tab.
    In the Performace section click the Settings Button.
    In the Performance Options Page click the Advanced Tab.
    Under Virtual Memory click the Change button.
    I typically leave mine on System managed size.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but you can set the Maximize size as high as you want but windows will ever use more than the recommended size that it lists below. So don't go overboard on the max size.
    If you have a second hard drive that's faster than the drive you boot from you can set your paging file to that drive and that'll help with performance.
    Click the Set button when you're done and then click Ok... you'll have to restart if you've made any changes.

HTH.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    What Does This Mean ---How Do I Fix
    a) you are running lots of applications simultaneously on a system with low physical memory, and indeed the swap file size needs increasing. Add physical memory.

b) you are running an application with a memory leak and it's consuming all available memory. See if the application vendor has an update.

c) you're running an application with a known bug or issue, visit Microsoft Help and Support, and search for "Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file." See if any of the search result scenarios are applicable to your situation.

Start with a, followed by c.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2008, 12:30 PM
    I think you have installed too many programms on you computer and on top of it you don't have enough ram dats the reason its happening... now when you will increase your virtual memory it will eat that much of hard disk space because nOW that much space will act like virtual ram... better you upgrade your ram or remove some of the programms AND DO WHAT JSTRIKE HAS WRITTEN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Runescape + Virtual Memory [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I try to play Runescape, it always kicks me out of the Internet. I can't figure out what I should do to increase the virtual memory so I can play. What should I do?

Virtual memory [ 2 Answers ]

What is vertual memory what do I do when it is full >Moved to computer board<

Low on virtual memory [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I regularly get the message that the virtual memory is too low. What is virtual memory and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening in the first place? Thanks Richard.

Virtual Memory Low [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Sometimes, when I have been playing on a computer game on my system, an error message is displayed saying Virtual Memory Low. Although this doesn't always crash the game it makes my computer extra slow and very annoying!! Any suggestions to 1. Stop this message occurring (ie solve...

Virtual memory [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get more virtual memory? My computer says that I am low on virtual memory.

View more questions Search