Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tirwin88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Periods after delivery
    On Dec 5th I had my son at just 23 weeks. There were some issues after in which I had to have a D and C done. 4 weeks after I had my first period. It was extremely light and lasted 2 weeks! I started my second period 3 days ago and now it is extremely heavy! Is this normal?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 12, 2006, 01:08 AM
    Tirwin, you will have vaginal discharge after birth for several weeks. It is a combination of the uterine lining and blood called "lochia." It is common for the drainage to stop and start, and in the early days it may contain small blood clots. The drainage will gradually decrease and become pale pink and finally white. It's better to use sanitary pads rather then tampons. But if you are having bright red, heavy bleeding, please call your doctor immediately.
    tirwin88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 04:07 PM
    I actually delivered about 10 weeks ago. I also had a d and c done after delivery. I had my first period which was very lite but lasted 2 weeks. My second period started about 4 days ago and is very heavy. Is this normal?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 13, 2006, 12:53 AM
    Tirwin, while some discomfort is common after your pregnancy, there are other problems that require medical attention. Heavy bleeding is not normal. Call your doctor and let him/her know that your experiencing a very heavy menstruation.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 01:48 AM
    My daughter was born oct 3rd, since then I bledd for 3 weeks (she was born at 32 weeks) had my first period about 10 weeks after delivery it wasn't all that heavy just went on for ages, started back on the pill and ivehad two more period since the first being extreamly heavy and the seconds just finished and it was normal when I asked my dr he said it could take up to 6 months for your normal flow to return.
    But I will say if you are overly concerned give your dr a call that's what they are there for after all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding Again 6 weeks after delivery [ 18 Answers ]

I had a baby six weeks ago. My normal post-pregnancy bleeding stopped about a week and a half ago, but today I noticed that I am bleeding again. It's light - but heavier than spotting. And bright red, so it's not like it's left over from having the baby or anything. Is this something I should be...

Drug delivery system [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to ask about drug delivery system. I would like to know when the drug travels in the blood stream, How much of drug will lose because of enzym in blood stream. It is good to protect drug from blood environment.

Drug delivery system [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to ask more about drug delivery system. Actually, I am PhD student in Japan and do research about carbon nanotube and their application in drug delivery system. Now I try to put drug and magnetic material inside carbon nanotube. I will inject them into blood stream. I expect...

10 weeks after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

10 weeks after delivery- bleeding heavily - but still within guidelines given to me by my ob - no ememrgency. I have bled lightly once a week or so since delivery. Had an ultrasound that revealed a little bit of lining of my uterus still left. OB said it wasn't a problem. Am I just having my...

View more questions Search